• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mites in eyes?

Hey, Cflag, I for one am not out to crucify you. I know knowlege and experience were little at a time, be it ten years ago or ten-thousand years ago, we learn from our mistakes. :shrugs:

But please, don't ever recommend this method to anyone. Some people might actually be desperate enough to try it. :nope:

I lived in Brooklyn NY for 24 years and our drinking water stunk like chlorine, and it made your hair like straw after you'd shower. My snakes drank that and so did I.

People forget most of the time chlorine is already in your water.

HHH signature on 2/1/09:
Adam's hard-learned lessons:
Never tell a woman she has hairy arms.
Don't pee on Rich's carpet.
Condone the ingestion of bleach-water.

HHH, I don't find this in the least bit funny, actually I find it disparaging of many of the members here that you repeatedly offend. You are now openly mocking them in your signature as well as continuing the bad blood by dragging up past and present issues. Not to mention the contempt shown for the site owner. It is apparent that you haven't learned any lessons at all!

Well, Jay is my new internet hero of the week.

As for HHH....I'm totally not clicking on your dragon eggs anymore. You're disrespectful to such an extreme degree it's almost laughable. Anyone else noticing it's always the guys with the ridiculous amount of posts for the time they've been here that cause the most problems? Why is that, anyway?

OT, Justine, I had a vacation in Califorina once and I felt more dirty coming out of the shower than going in, and my hair was absolutely fried. Makes me miss the good old days of living in nowhere-Canada and being on a well-water system.

You can smell chlorine at less than 4ppm. 5-10 ppm is in your water.
Not 200 ppm.
I'd rather deal with rusty well water than chlorinated city water anyway.
Even at 10ppm, a hot shower is brutal on your lungs.

This thread is what happens when people do not read other peoples words, whether its because they are looking for an argument or because they simply do not care to. I see the word "recommend" used by numerous people except the person who supposedly recommended this method.

If you didnt get his very clear point which to what I can comprehend is not a recommendation, you probably shouldn't be on the internet. The poster out and out says you can walk into a pet store TODAY and buy a mite remedy. That isnt a recommendation for a method used 20 years ago.

Not to freak anybody out but; to rid a snake of internal problems, we would use a tablespoon of bleach to one gallon of water.

Not to drag this up, but given the propensity for people to "read one line" and go with it, this sort of comment can be rather dangerous. I do understand that the 80's were a different time, totally 100%... I can think back to things I did in the 90's and wonder "What the heck was I thinking?"

Still, for the sake of people who see that one line, I would have liked to have seen it more like "Not to freak anybody out, but back in the 80's before we knew better we'd....." Better safe than sorry to me.

I am pretty disgusted by a lot of what's been going on here. I know I'm a nobody on this forum and not a part of the cool peoples clubs, but I've seen a person honestly try to change his ways and then have people following him around harassing him about an ongoing situation with him and another member... he comes back and trys to make a new start and folks ignore him point blank.... I've seen a moderator post mocking photos to this same member point blank-- where is the professionalism?

I know Vinny was afraid this would happen, and we'd slip even further into MyCornSpace.com... but can't we all just mind our OWN business and let two people work out what they need to work out? One way or the other, no matter whose side you are on you still only know half the story.

Would love to see some folks grow up and stop being so persecutorial....

Not to drag this up, but given the propensity for people to "read one line" and go with it, this sort of comment can be rather dangerous. I do understand that the 80's were a different time, totally 100%... I can think back to things I did in the 90's and wonder "What the heck was I thinking?"

Still, for the sake of people who see that one line, I would have liked to have seen it more like "Not to freak anybody out, but back in the 80's before we knew better we'd....." Better safe than sorry to me.
If people are too lazy to read more than a few lines of a post and then apply or in this case twist that information what can one do?
That line and the entire post was very clear.
I'm sure you could spend all day here finding comments or lines that taken out of context or in part could be considered misinformation.
You can't save people from themselves.

JustineNYC
If you didnt get his very clear point which to what I can comprehend is not a recommendation, you probably shouldn't be on the internet. The poster out and out says you can walk into a pet store TODAY and buy a mite remedy. That isnt a recommendation for a method used 20 years ago.
AMEN TO THAT!

If people are too lazy to read more than a few lines of a post and then apply or in this case twist that information what can one do?
I'm sure you could spend all day here finding comments or lines that taken out of context or in part could be considered misinformation.

You may be right. But you know what they say opinions are like....

I just wish folks in general could retract their claws and play nice. I know sometimes its not possible, and I certainly have been guilty of it from time to time but I try hard to not be.

In any event, as I said, I am merely a member here, my thoughts and opinions are worth at most $.02. Take 'em or leave 'em, I just felt compelled to speak up.

JustineNYC

AMEN TO THAT!

If people are too lazy to read more then a few lines, they probably have a hard time on a forum like this that requires READING in order to become further educated. This place has helped me TONS on more then one occasion, its because I read and listened and used my brain.

The belittling in signatures is plain childish and un-necessary. I fear their are people coming here who like myself (and their snakes) could benefit tremendously from this place and will not stick around because of all the drama.

Perhaps Tea tree oil would help finish off those last few mites, putting a few drops in the bathwater would keep it from being too harsh for the snake.

Back