• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph

Louiscypher74

Hi all havent been on here in a good while (hence my new sign in think my old one still is still on here but new email address now so no way to retrieve password!) since my little Amel died nearly a Year ago (R.I.P) but just been given a new snake no longer wanted by a friend so thought would see what morph you think he is, he's approx 3-4 years old and i think he's a rosy blood what do you think??

Attachments

• Sal1.jpg
    Sal1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 138
Just guessing here....but judging from the plain belly, diffusion, dark eyes and lack of black pigment it kinda looks like a hypo bloodred.

He's very thin- did you know that? I have no guess for the morph, although I guess I'd buy hypo bloodred...

Is it just me or am I seeing some everglades in there... And yeah, hes also very thin. Poor lad I hope you get him back to good health!

Yeah im aware of that dont think he has had much attention he was kept in a garage, gave him a few days to settle fed him he took to mice with as fast a strike as iv'e seen! going to give him a three or four days and give him another one, will keep that up until he has put on some weight then go back to once a week.

Since you are in the UK I think it's safe to say he is not homo bloodred. The bloodred gene has only been creeping in slowly over the last 5 years or so and is highly sought after. I doubt your friend would have got a hold of blood anything that long ago unless he paid hundreds of £££.

I still stand by my everglades X... Hes big and has that rusty orange colouration with the melanistic specks on his back. I have seen a couple of everglades crosses just like this, AND they had plain bellys to.

I just don't think he has the right look, size or shape to be a "pure" corn. I am not one to shout hybrid at every "corn" who doesn't look quite right, but IMO theres a strong influence of something thats simply not corn in there. What does it matter though, as long as you are delighted it doesn't matter what others think. Having other rat blood in him does not mean he is worth any less to you.

Hes a beautiful creature, and an ideal first snake. I wish you the very best of luck with him.

well he needs to put some weight on but he likes his grub so that shouldn't be a problem, as for his morph i was just curious because i couldnt pin it down, not that it matters he seems a lot happier indoors it was my mates first snake and i dont think his wife liked the idea of him being indoors (the snake that is not him!) to cold and wet over here to keep snakes in garages!

Thats ridiculous... well done for taking him in and giving him some much needed heat, food and comfort.

If he was a pure corn, I would say he had normal or hypo colouration. As such, I don't think hes 100% corn.

I'm not saying that the snake is DEFINITELY an Upper Keys (Rosy) or that it's definitely NOT a bloodred, but I think it looks a lot like a normal Upper Keys. See my '06 female Upper Keys below. She looks hypo and diffused too, but she isn't either. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some interbreeding between 'glades rats or a similar rat in many Keys bloodlines, so you may be onto something Elle.

I wouldn't put the snake on a 3-4 day feeding cycle. A 6-7 day schedule of appropriately sized single prey items should do the trick until he's up to weight.

Attachments

• 111707 claudia (7).JPG
    111707 claudia (7).JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 53
he was fed 3 days ago now was going to give him another 3 days and feed him again, 5 - 6 is what i had in mind, dont know if this helps but will try and get some head pattern shots and bellie shots when i get a chance.

I'd stick to a weekly schedule for food, if that. He's thin, but regular handling for exercise and the right size food will do him much better in the long run :*)

Pics always help, and check in some other forums around the 'Net for more opinions, too.

The guy ya got it from doesn't have any background? In all honesty w/o someone REALLY well versed in ID'ing American Ratsnakes AND the intergrades(sp) that can result to chime in we're just giving you the best guess we can :*)

Back