• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My baby okeetee

Had1nowwant1

this is my baby okeetee. I have a couple names for it- Ethan, Arrow(his head patern), and slither(mom picked it).More pics will be taken tomorow during feeding.

CIMG0814.jpg

Had1nowwant1 said:
this is my baby okeetee. I have a couple names for it- Ethan, Arrow(his head patern), and slither(mom picked it).More pics will be taken tomorow during feeding.

CIMG0814.jpg

Hate to come out and say it, but that's not an okeetee.

mbdorfer said:
Looks Anery A to me
Nice snake regardless
Anery A? My Anery A is all black and gray. :shrugs:

That pic does not look like my Okeetee though, I was wondering about that before I saw the first reply.

Very nice animal!! Looks alot like a Miami to me?? Maybe it's the lighting?? :shrugs: When you take some more pics, post them so we can see...Either way, he's a cutie!!

--I like 'Ethan', personally....

mbdorfer said:
Looks Anery A to me
Nice snake regardless

Ya'll will have to excuse Mike, I think he's losing his eye-sight with old age----or he was joking.

Either way, it's not an anery and not an okeetee.

That's the problem these days----too many people list every normal as an okeetee.

Joejr14 said:
Ya'll will have to excuse Mike, I think he's losing his eye-sight with old age----or he was joking.

That's the problem these days----too many people list every normal as an okeetee.

I think it's that too many sellers are labeling every normal as an Okeetee, and the "newbie" buyers don't know any better. Now of course they could aways say it's a locality Okeetee, but I sure wish they'd just name them according to the area of origin. "Jasper County Corns" for example. Save the Okeetee or Okeetee phase name for the "look" and name the locality corns by the area from which they originated. Just my opinion.

Is it the lighting?

I agree that this snake doesn't look like an Okeetee, but it sure is pretty!!! Hadnow, could you post some pics in different lighting?

I thought my normal was an Okeetee too, but he's not. I've learned since then that nice normals - in spite of the boring name - can be just as spectacular as any other morph. And with anything else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . my point is, don't feel bad if your snake isn't an Okeetee. :)

Traci1 said:
no doubt, it is a real nice looking corn regardless.

I dont know if I have the heart to break it that his 'candy cane' is a run of the mill amel.

I feel bad, but I wonder if both were purchased from the same seller who is out there mislabeling their stock?

Joejr14 said:

It definitely has to do with old age, but more in the memory dept.
Forgot to reset my gamma settings after a night in Photoshop which made the side colors have a greenish hue! I can see now that it's a normal :wavey:

mbdorfer said:
It definitely has to do with old age, but more in the memory dept.
Forgot to reset my gamma settings after a night in Photoshop which made the side colors have a greenish hue! I can see now that it's a normal :wavey:

Yeah, I actually figured your monitor was off. Just wanted to give you a hard time.

Joejr14 said:
I dont know if I have the heart to break it that his 'candy cane' is a run of the mill amel.

I feel bad, but I wonder if both were purchased from the same seller who is out there mislabeling their stock?

Isn't a candycane just an amel with emory blood in it, they don't necessarily have to be the red/orange on white we all ascsociate with it. It could just be a corn looking candycane

KRIZ said:
Isn't a candycane just an amel with emory blood in it, they don't necessarily have to be the red/orange on white we all ascsociate with it. It could just be a corn looking candycane

Um, no. A candy cane is a line bred amel that has a very contrasting appearance of a white background and red or orange saddles, giving it a said candy cane look.

If it has emoryi blood in it, it's a creamsicle, not a candycane.

Back