• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my biggest hold back

hediki

i luv them all.
OK my biggest hold back rite now is the fact of will the snake get boring and i tell my self no it wont because my fascination of them never ceases to stop has any one had this feeling before getting a snake.

hediki said:
OK my biggest hold back rite now is the fact of will the snake get boring and i tell my self no it wont because my fascination of them never ceases to stop has any one had this feeling before getting a snake.

No, I've never had that feeling before getting a snake. If I did, and I thought that it might affect my ability to provide the animal with the care and attention it will require for its 20+ year lifespan, I would resist the purchase. :shrugs:

You own snakes already, don't you? I know what your sig line says, but I thought I've seen you post about your own snakes.

no i dont i use to n i would never leave the tank lol. nd i know i can care for the snake give it atention and everything but is having one going to kill my intrest in them.

hediki said:
no i dont i use to n i would never leave the tank lol. nd i know i can care for the snake give it atention and everything but is having one going to kill my intrest in them.

I think I've translated your post. You don't own a snake, but you used to. It would never leave the tank. You can care for one, but you're wondering if owning one will kill your interest in snakes. I'm still not sure about the tank part, but that's ok.

I guess I just don't understand what you're asking. Let me ask you a couple of questions. What interests you about corn snakes now? Is owning one necessary for you to pursue your current interest in them? If so, which interests do you fear will diminish due to owning one?

my intrest in cornsnakes are the factthat they do so well in captivity, and there genetics. yes owning one will fill a void i had for a long time and i plan on doing some breeding eventualy. i fear that my fasination will die. everytime i go to a expo i just swell with joy, so i wonder if having a piece of that expo at home will eventualy seen boring. but it doesnt seem likely because i spend at least a hour doing some reasearch everyday or every other day and just look at pics.

hediki said:
my intrest in cornsnakes are the factthat they do so well in captivity, and there genetics. yes owning one will fill a void i had for a long time and i plan on doing some breeding eventualy. i fear that my fasination will die. everytime i go to a expo i just swell with joy, so i wonder if having a piece of that expo at home will eventualy seen boring. but it doesnt seem likely because i spend at least a hour doing some reasearch everyday or every other day and just look at pics.

All right, I see what you're talking about. When I was a little younger than you, I got my first corn snake. It was just a pet; I had absolutely no breeding plans. After the novelty of handling and feeding wore off, it got kind of boring. He was still cool to watch, and handle, and show off to other people, but to be honest, owning one eventually felt more like a chore than a passion.

But when corn keeping became a hobby to me, and I had collecting goals, and breeding goals, it changed everything. Feeding dozens of snakes isn't a chore to me. I've got my eye on the prize: a cool collection of healthy snakes that produce crazy, beautiful offspring. How can I get bored when I may produce ghost-bloods and lav-bloods in a few years? And what about all the unknown het surprises?

So figure out what you want out of the experience, and make your decision accordingly. :)

Hediki, have you ever had a cat or dog. Its kind of the same way. You don't really get bored with them, they just become a part of your life. You feed them, clean the cage, handle them, and do all that stuff that you have to do, and you do it because they're your pet and you love them. It might sound simple, but that's how I see it.

OK thanks guys thanks allot so i decided to get one just on prob....... what should i get?? BP or corn. This is kinda dumb in a Corn forum but wat ever

hediki said:
OK thanks guys thanks allot so i decided to get one just on prob....... what should i get?? BP or corn. This is kinda dumb in a Corn forum but wat ever

Get what YOU want. I would go with a corn, but I am very biased. I don't participate in any BP forums for a reason. ;)

Ok here is the one thing I have found to be common in the world of reptile forums. The higher the dollar value of the most popular morphs the more arrogant, uptight, and untrustworthy people seem to get. Money tends to bring out the worst in people, and that seems to be pretty common. Just my two cents.
Josh :cheers:

Bobo's Mama said:
Hediki, have you ever had a cat or dog. Its kind of the same way. You don't really get bored with them, they just become a part of your life. You feed them, clean the cage, handle them, and do all that stuff that you have to do, and you do it because they're your pet and you love them. It might sound simple, but that's how I see it.

This is the essence of it. Even if they aren't "exciting" all the time, they are still a part of your family :D They are just a part of you life.

:-offtopic
I also find that corn people are a little friendlier than BP people. I don't know if it's because of the money or what, but though I find BP's beautiful I love them corns the best :D

Hediki, c'mon, seriously...you've been vibrating with excitement about getting a corn for over a year and now you talk about getting a ball?

Get the flipping corn and enjoy it...if you lose interest in it after a year find a new home for it here at the forums. Just be sure to always give the snake excellent care...if you keep your standards high and self evaluate you can't go wrong really.

well yea im getting a corn for 3 resons. and will be at home in a 20 l, i know way more about them, and they come in way more colors that i can aford. im just waiting till the next expo im willing to take anything thats not wimpy even a ... albino. i wpould prefer a double homo though but. wat ever. and one more thing is it wrong if i get donations to help me buy a snake? me and my friend were thinking of stating this thing so we can get money to buy a snake and to home it we ae trying to make it look like were rescuing animals....lol.

i hate not working but hay volenteering is kool wen you can get a schalorship from a animal shelter. :cheers:

hediki said:
me and my friend were thinking of stating this thing so we can get money to buy a snake and to home it we ae trying to make it look like were rescuing animals....lol.
Would you like to enlighten me further on this statement before I make any foolish statements I may regret later?
Josh

Joker said:
Would you like to enlighten me further on this statement before I make any foolish statements I may regret later?
Josh

Thanks for saving me. I was very ready to make a regretably foolish response, despite the fact that I have no idea what he's talking about. :grin01:

Heck, I'm going to throw the risk of foolish regret to the wind: Don't get a snake hediki. I think you're wasting your time and ours.

If you are saying you would pretend to be a rescue organization to get a free snake or money for a snake that'd be messed up.
If you don't have the money to buy one how will you pay for a veterinarian if gets sick?
It seems like if you want a corn snake that much you wouldn't already be worried about losing interest in it before you even have it.

hediki said:
is it wrong if i get donations to help me buy a snake? me and my friend were thinking of stating this thing so we can get money to buy a snake and to home it we ae trying to make it look like were rescuing animals....lol.

Yes that would be wrong. Basically you are talking about defrauding people out of their money.

Back