• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Corn Poops on Me!

Every time I take my Corn out, she POOPS on me! She didn't do it a first but started doing it a few days after I got her. When she does this I make sure not to freak out and put her back in her tank, I pass her to my bf, change my clothes and keep her out. She's cool after that... I wouldn't mind if it didn't STINK so badly, but it does. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has the same problem and knows why she does it and how I can stop her from doing it (if possible). Thank you! :shrugs:

I wait about 3 days. Even when I wait 4 days or even a week she still does it... She only eats once every 2 weeks. I don't know where all of that poop comes from but it stinks! Lol! I guess I shouldn't be complaining since she is such a great girl but... did I mention that it STINKS?! Haha!

She is probably just musking you. Some snakes do that as a means of defense. I have a Cali King that will musk several times when you take her out. It's normal for them to do that and most grow out of it.

Good Luck

Wayne

Well I really hope she grows out of it. I have only had her for about a month and maybe she just isn't use to me yet. She does try to get away from me every chance she gets but has calmed down a lot since I first brought her home. I guess that makes sense.

Thank you so much for your help!

"Marley"
MeandSnakes012.jpg

yeah it is either that she is musking you, or after handling a little bit, her bowls get moving :3 lol

I have a snake that after about 15-20 mins he slows down...stops...waits...POOP just because running around up and down has gotten his gut moving.

but it it smells THAT bad, it does sound like a musk ): pew!

My Albino Oketee does it too. I have learned to expect it and just hold her over a sink for the first 5-10 minutes. It stinks, but atleast it's not running down my arm :nope:

I have a snake that no matter how long I wait he saves it for me. Not only does he save it, he crawls into my shirt, hooks himself around my sleeve and then goes. So be glad you dont have a corn that saves it up just for you!

See my avatar? There's a reason for it. Everyone of my 20 snakes has gotten me multiple times. However, the silver-lining of it happening so much is that I've become so aware of the signs that lead to the defecation is that I'm able to put them back in time now. Well, most of the time.

Hahaha! That's funny. I'm glad i'm not the only one! Not to say it's a good thing all of you guys are getting pooped on. I guess it makes me feel better knowing other people have the same problem and you know what? Sometimes I do feel as if she saves it just for me. Weird, but my male Crested Gecko does the SAME thing! Every time I pull him out to handle him a few minutes later he drops a huge one on my arm or hand... Ew. Either that or he just pees on me. Oh well, guess i'll just have to do lots of laundry! :crazy02:

lol I'm so glad you posted this because my corn poops on me too. He is still really little so they aren't very big poops but they're still yucky.

Oh gosh, just hope he grows out of it. Lol! Mine is almost full grown and they are pretty big poops and they stink SO bad. Lol! She's still cute though... She just needs to know that it's not very lady like for her to do that. Lol!

Your welcome and I am glad this is helping others out as well. = )

I wish my snakes were like my bearded dragon. If he is being held and he has to go he will jump down, run over to the tiled floor and go there. Though I think my big pooper realizes im getting smart and as soon as he sits still and just gives me the "im going to poop now" look he goes on the floor or back in his tank.

I have a set of cheap hand towels specifically for handling my snake. I put one in my lap when holding her, or sling it over my shoulder if she is perched and I am moving around, and if I see the "butt alarm" warnings, I can either put her in her tank quickly or double up the towel under her vent and wait, trying to be aloof while she craps.

This only fails when she manages to tuck her tail into my shirt, lull me into a false sense of security, and then let fly in my bra where I can't see the warning signs. She takes great delight in this, but I try to prevent it.

I've only had my corn do that to me once thankfully. It really isn't a pleasant experience by any means...and I will agree that the smell is pretty incredible haha.

She did it again! I took her out for her scheduled feeding and she pooped in her container! She ate a mouse and I really wanted her to eat two like she regularly does but I guess she got upset with me nagging her and she pooped in her feeding container.:nope: Now I have to go and disinfect it.

Hehe so sorry for you! Really pretty Lavender you have :) In almost 30 snakes I've owned, none have ever got me. Almost tho!! Maybe for a few minutes you can just let Marley cruise around on papers on the floor or lap until it happens, then you will be ok to put the snake around your neck or cruise on the couch.
I do have a few nervous corns, but I get the tail rattling or sometimes maybe they will try bite.

Thank you! I really fell in love with her pretty purpley color. Lol!

This little girl is a very nervouse one. Any time I take her out she automatically wants to bolt and head to a hiding place and if I don't let her she lays a big STINKY poo on me. I'm very glad she isn't nippy though which she hasn't done yet. It just really bumms me out that I can't comfortably handle her. My brother-in-laws Corn coils up on his arm and chills... I wish she was more of a chill snake. Any suggestions on how to get her out of that?

Back