• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Corn Poops on Me!

my snake lars likes me, but he also really likes my boyyfriend too, and will go back and forth between us, reaching out for one of us or the other. its kinda sweet. and i used to think he liked the color black, but its possible he likes our black hoodies because it has our smells on them since we wear them more like jackets and dont wash them everytime we wear them. pssshhh and some people think snakes arent smart!

They read our pheromones and whatever we put on our skin. Balthazar likes my, cherry lotion, perfume and nail polish. I think all snakes like hoodies.

Am I the only one who thinks that musk doesn't smell that bad? It just smells like milkweed to me, like if i crushed a dandilion in my hand. The only thing I dislike about musk is that it doesn't wash off easily. I usually have to change clothes and scrub my hands just to be free of the smell.

I have 1 snake that likes to poo when he is not in his viv. You have to watch out for when they hold still. I think "oh, look, he is relaxing!" NOPE- he is pooping.

Am I the only one who thinks that musk doesn't smell that bad?

I think it smells like a rainy lawn. I used to catch the garden snakes as a kid. My sister said they stank, but I liked the smell. Once I got musked bad by an adult rat snake and everyone asked if I got sprayed by a skunk. I couldn't smell a thing though.

Am I the only one who thinks that musk doesn't smell that bad?

I think it smells like a rainy lawn. I used to catch the garden snakes as a kid. My sister said they stank, but I liked the smell. Once I got musked bad by an adult rat snake and everyone asked if I got sprayed by a skunk. I couldn't smell a thing though.

Yeah, kinda like rainy lawn. Not bad- just outdoorsy.

And, my poopy snake, Kanti, pooped on me again today- even though I tried my best to watch out for it.
I'm amazed at how much poop comes out of the snake!!

My snake goes 3 times a week. Usually once 2 days after, then its pretty random over the next 2 days. But usually 3 times. After the first one she seems ok with me taking her out; but I've for sure learned the signs for when she's ready to go again! I've been 'tagged' twice since I've had her in as many months!!

Iam a first time keeper and new to the forum but my corn used to poop on my hubby all the time she stopped that all together ......now she saves it for me!!lol. there doesn`t seem to be any odour at all!?!?could this be because she is just a baby(4months)??

I've had snake poo that smelled very poopy, then I've had almost odorless snake poo.

If it smells like poo, then it is poo.
I've never seen musk- it is a clear oil. if you are musked, you will just smell it. It smells outdoorsy, I think it smells like milkweed or pine needles.

Your snake CAN musk and poo at the same time, so you might get a mixture.

Mostly in my experience, musking comes hand in hand with hissing and biting.

I've told the musking story on another thread, but I'll tell it again. I was in the third grade and we lived in Louisiana it must have been 1986 or 1987. My sister and I liked to go walking around in the woodsy creek area behind the neighborhood looking for snakes and turtles. One day I found a huge rat snake, she found a a pair of six grade boys. One of these boys got a stick to beat the snake to death. I jumped on the snake and gathered it to my chest in an attempt to protect it. Now this is the time I realize the snake is twice as long as I am. I felt the snake expand and contract, the boys and my sister jumped back in disgust. The snake never bit, I let him slither out of my arms. I remembered his pattern to look him up in a snake book, he was a Texas rat.

I smelled so bad my sis wouldn't let me in the house, I had to wash off in the backyard and throw out my clothes. I was banned from the table even and had to eat outside. Mom used every soap she could find for me, but nothing worked. Kids at school avoided me for days. Finally she mixed a liquid ivory soap with a bottle of vanilla essence for me. After that I got my friends back because I smelled like cookies. The strange thing is during this entire episode I smelled nothing and food had a grassy taste. I didn't even smell the vanilla, I knew it worked when I got on the bus and everyone went from sneers to smiles.

Back