• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my corn snake likes the cold side

do you atack everyone who doesnt agree with your idea of what is needed?

No one is attacking. They are just making it clear how important it really is to the health of your pet to have the thermostat. The only reason anyone on here responds to questions is because we care a lot about the snakes. If we didn't care, no one would respond. If you ask a question, be prepared for the answer, whether it's what you want to hear or not. ;)

If you're asking advice and information on a subject you're going to hear things you might not like sometimes, don't get defensive but take it into consideratio and act on it. If multiple people are saying you need to get a thermostat it's probably best you take the advice and pick one up. I ran mine for a short time without a thermostat and found it was staying at around 100F and actually started to burn out itself. I bought a new UTH as soon my thermostat arrived as well so the risk of it catching fire happened as well. Like others have stated on here when dealing with another living creature "I'll get it when I got some spare cash" doesn't work, it's neglect and leads to harming and shortening their life.

[QUOTE=yojoe05;16

ive had snakes for 18 years and never had a problem im not going to run out and spend 90 dollars on something myself and many other corn snake people have done fine without p.s i was referring to the person telling me i should give away my pets as the 1 attacking me

I am the one you accused of "attacking" you and I stand firm on my post. A thermostat is NOT optional. I also mentioned getting an $11 rheostat, not a $90 thermostat, which you can get for around $30.

You asked for our opinions if staying on the cool side was normal and very well-seasoned veterans here asked questions and gave you advice. If you and "other corn snake people" have done fine without a thermostat, why ask? Since you have had snakes for 18 years why would you need our advice?

I didn't attack you, I very strongly suggested that if you don't have the means to take care of your pets you might want to rehome them where they would have all the necessities. I don't understand people who get a pet but can't or don't want to spend the money necessary to keep them healthy and happy. I currently have 5 corn snakes that are rescues because their owners didn't want to deal with them anymore or put up the money to take care of them.

If I didn't care about corn snakes I never would have answered your questions. I even asked you a couple of questions leading me to what advice I feel you needed (and I think nearly everyone here would back me on the thermostat advice).

If you can find a legitimate source that says corns do not need anything to regulate their viv temperatures I will personally buy you one. Are you man enough to take that challenge?

while i disagree that thermostats are a necessary thing ive decided it would be easier to have 1 rather than having to take out and put in bedding during times of the year the weather is different day by day but im confused about what type of thermostat is best to use for 1 or 2 tanks. im seeing some that cost around 25-30 dollars and some that cost 90-130 and im finding some gadgets that are called temperature controllers but to me they sound like the same thing

Back