• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My custom made viv

Got the second one built and almost done. One thing I changed this time was removing the "stops" from the drawer slides that hold them closed so they're way easier to start pulling out. Also since I don't need to mount handles I was able to use some nicer molding on the front.

dsc0068js.jpg

Wanted something nicer looking and more out of the way than my current setup sitting on my kitchen counter, so here's what I came up. I already had the bookshelf and built the rest, which is just a plexi box sitting on some drawer slides and wood trim. It works out kinda nice because the drawer slides create room for a UTH, along with the middle slide mounted slightly off center. When it's closed there's slightly less than an 1/8" gap between the top of the plexi and the bookshelf. The viv itself is 27" by 14" and 12" or so tall, comes out to just under 20 gallons, so it'll work for awhile. Total was about $100 with the plexi being half the cost. Also by the way the color difference between the real wood trim and fake Ikea bookshelf wood isn't nearly as bad in person.

dsc0037cx.jpg

dsc0040hp.jpg

Nice viv :)
is that an R6? in the pic? niceee

Back