• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my new baby!

Congratulations! I think, since she's an adult, so she has a past history of eating well, if she is out and active and seemingly comfortable in her new surroundings, you could cut the week of settling in a bit short if you want to.

Congratulations! I think, since she's an adult, so she has a past history of eating well, if she is out and active and seemingly comfortable in her new surroundings, you could cut the week of settling in a bit short if you want to.

well, she has been out and about quite often. shes actually out right now on her piece of driftwood staring at my direction. so you're saying that i can take her out now if i want?:D

pshhh! i'll be back later!

haha, you have no idea how slow this week has been going for me! i'll post more pictures of her later today.

She's had four days- personally, I'd go for it. It's not like she's a little baby with three meals in its whole life under its belt, that's never been handled by people and has probably never been out of a deli cup or sandwich container, suddenly moved into a big open glass viv. She's an adult, has been a pet, knows how to eat, and is out checking you out. However, I wouldn't spend hours handling her, maybe just 15 minutes or so, then a nice meal today or tomorrow, a nice two days to digest. I'd start with a slightly smaller mouse than what she's been fed in the past. For instance, if she looks like she'd eat a medium, then feed a small. If she looks like she'd eat a small mouse, then maybe feed a hopper for her first meal.

She's had four days- personally, I'd go for it. It's not like she's a little baby with three meals in its whole life under its belt, that's never been handled by people and has probably never been out of a deli cup or sandwich container, suddenly moved into a big open glass viv. She's an adult, has been a pet, knows how to eat, and is out checking you out. However, I wouldn't spend hours handling her, maybe just 15 minutes or so, then a nice meal today or tomorrow, a nice two days to digest. I'd start with a slightly smaller mouse than what she's been fed in the past. For instance, if she looks like she'd eat a medium, then feed a small. If she looks like she'd eat a small mouse, then maybe feed a hopper for her first meal.

yeah, i read on here that a couple people who got adult snakes just waited about two days or so until they handled them but i guess i just wanted to be on the safe side. i'll probably feed her tonight if not by tomorrow morning for sure. im so excited!

wow, this was actually the first time i've ever held a snake for any length of time. she feels so weird when coils around my arm or neck and shes actually a lot stronger than i expected. shes so awesome :D

now for some pictures

isn't she cute?
IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

watching youtube with me:p
IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

yeah, i picked up some frozen mice for her and she took to it pretty quick even though the previous owners fed her nothing but live mice. now i just have to find a good supplier.

yeah, i picked up some frozen mice for her and she took to it pretty quick even though the previous owners fed her nothing but live mice. now i just have to find a good supplier.

That's generally been my experience - even WC snakes often take f/t with little or no effort. Not always, but often.

wow what a wonderful find! she is so beautiful and i'm glad she takes handling well. and i'm VERY glad that she took the f/t mouse, because in my opinion it is infinitely better than live because there are much, MUCH less risks associated with frozen. actually i can't really think of any risks...other than feeding it while still frozen, but come on now, we all know the drill right?

great photoshoot, i absolutley ADORE the one of her watching youtube with you!

tonight was her first shed under my care! when she was in her blue phase i kept the humidity up and it all came off in one piece! she also left me a stinky gift when i went to change the water and take out the shed :rolleyes:

IMG_3153.jpg

i know you shouldn't handle them since they're sensitive after they shed but i had to move her out of the way while i was messing with her viv and she definitely feels a lot different with her fresh scales/skin. shes a lot softer and A LOT smoother than before. shes also been out and about constantly since she let her old skin go. the previous owners weren't kidding when they said that she tends to climb a lot, shes finally putting the new branch to use.

IMG_3156.jpg

sorry for the awful pictures, i just wanted to make a quick update.

i've been meaning to get an accurate measurement on her but i haven't had the time lately. i laid her straight as best i could next to a measuring tape and shes near or about 5ft. i'll probably use the string method tomorrow morning when i have time.

oh yeah, i might be getting a new reptilian addition pretty soon. i have a feeling that i shouldn't but this addiction hits pretty hard :p

Wow wonderful looking snake! Yea this addiction is pretty hard hitting..in a little over a year I have gone from one snake to 4...technically you can even say 6 but 2 got away at my friend's house (where they were living) and were never seen again..needless to say..I never let any of my snakes live with him anymore..

Welcome to the addiction!!! Your snake is very nice looking. Don't you just love the vibrant colors right after they shed? Hope you find your new one to be just as nice and fun to watch. I can't imagine my life without my 4 babies now. Congrats again on your introduction to the addiction.

Wow wonderful looking snake! Yea this addiction is pretty hard hitting..in a little over a year I have gone from one snake to 4...technically you can even say 6 but 2 got away at my friend's house (where they were living) and were never seen again..needless to say..I never let any of my snakes live with him anymore..

Welcome to the addiction!!! Your snake is very nice looking. Don't you just love the vibrant colors right after they shed? Hope you find your new one to be just as nice and fun to watch. I can't imagine my life without my 4 babies now. Congrats again on your introduction to the addiction.

thanks! she looks so much brighter now! as for the new addition, im not sure if i should get another snake or a crested gecko ..but im leaning towards the gecko since i already have a snake.

i measured her twice today and i got 5'1" and 5'3". its actually quite difficult to measure her when she keeps moving around, but i think its safe to say that shes over 5ft.

Wait. So the snake I gave you escaped? And you didn't want to tell me this why? If I knew he would have ended up escaped (or dead) I would have spend a lot more time looking for a good owner...

Sorry that I went off-topic but i had to get that off my chest.

GL6570, you have a beautiful snake, large too. Good luck with her and I can't wait for future updates. :)

Back