• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my setup

corn snake boy23

this is my first snake setup. it is not done. please tell me what u think.

Attachments

• new snake setup 07-19-08 002.jpg
    new snake setup 07-19-08 002.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 95
  • new snake setup 07-19-08 004.jpg
    new snake setup 07-19-08 004.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 94
  • new snake setup 07-19-08 005.jpg
    new snake setup 07-19-08 005.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 92
  • new snake setup 07-19-08 006.jpg
    new snake setup 07-19-08 006.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 93
  • new snake setup 07-19-08 009.jpg
    new snake setup 07-19-08 009.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 94
one thing if ur wondering where the snake is it is sleeping in the little cage cause the 30 gallon doesnt hav a screen top yet and it is night time

Looks good--just be careful with the heat pad--I know at my place in Ohio it is not really cool enough to need heat--the temps stay in the 80s all the time inside. I have to keep the air on a little to keep it from getting into the 90s.

It looks fine :)

Just a couple nit-picks from me, though: it would be better to get a digital thermometer to read the temperatures as they are more accurate. The kind you have there may not read the temp as well as a digital thermometer with a probe.

and make sure there aren't any holes in that limb that your snake could get stuck in....

Good luck with your new friend :)

Big tank looks good. The little tank on the heating pad is questionable. I bet the temp is very high in that little tank and the water bowl is potential snake soup.

Just set the little cage so that half is on the heat pad, and half of it is off of the pad. Then the occupant will have a choice of heat - or not. If the pad covers the whole surface, you can always attach it some way so that part hangs down off of the table, and leaves part of the space without heat.

thx guyz on the heating pad its perfect. i hav been putting it on low so yah the temp. is 80-82. thanks though and kathylove ive been putting it on half way but i turned it off when i put it all the way. cause i hav been heating it on high with nothing in it so the aspen is a little warm cause the heating pad is just a head heater. thx
corn snake boy

looks like a new set up. I just have one thing. Do you have a thermostat for your heat pad? It would be safer for your snake if you were able to control your temps(some brands like ecto-tera heat mats get very hot quickly). I have a ESU reptile thermostat.

for the yellow pad does hav 1. i keep it on low when hes in ther and i hav a light the heating pad alone keeps it 80-84 and so i put it a low a the light lets off lots of heat so i put it on low and turn the light on and it keeps it at 80-82.
thx for asking and the heating pad is just a head heater like i said in another comment so yah
thx

Now I see what you meant.
Ok since everyone already mentioned the thermometers, thermostat and the heat pad...

Since you have a hatchling you might want to shove some papertowels crinkled up or something into those logs.
Snakes like to have snug hides where they can feel both sides pressed up agains them, so it's going to be awhile till your baby really "fits into" them.

Also I don't quite understand what you said in your last post, you *do* have a thermostat? And you're using a light too? Could you please clarify your last post?

yes i do hav a thermostat thing its has 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 settings and 1 is just right it makes it 78-80 degrees and 2 makes it 80-82. and about the light i only use it if i dont use the heating pad
but thx for asking
cor snake boy23

I know what I'm about to say is going to seem inflamitory.
But damn I could type better when I was 19 (is it your birthday? Earlier it was 18)

Haha, not to be mean, but I think that 18, 19, or 20 is his post count and not his age. That would certainly explain why it changes--he doesn't have his age on there, neither do I for that matter. Mostly because if I don't have it on there I don't have to be so embarrassed about how bad my spelling and typing is for my age (26).

Back