• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New bloodred progression thread

skittledoo

This is my newest addition. I got him from Drew from Curio Creatures and wow he is a beauty. These pictures don't do him any justice and I'm used to photographing my less squirmy adult. Any tips for photographing quick little hatchlings?

I'm going to keep posting pics of him in this thread instead of starting new ones everytime so that you guys can watch and see how he matures. All I know about his parents is that his dad was a P/S bloodred and really dark cherry red if I recall correctly. Now that I think about it; I wish I could have gotten one of the females as well since he has some really pretty ones.

DSC_00872.jpg

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0104-1.jpg

Bad attempt at trying to get a belly shot
DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_00902.jpg

I really wish this one is in focus...
DSC_00933.jpg

DSC_00942.jpg

DSC_0081-1.jpg

DSC_00852.jpg

One of my friends also got a female from him and I picked her up when I went to get this little guy. I've already told her that if for some reason she can't keep her at some point, I want her. He has another female that is gorgeous and still available, but my hubby is not so snake crazy. He did ask last night if he could handle this little guy for a bit so i'm hoping to turn him around to snakes. He has only handled my Snow female once and that was because I asked him to hold her while I cleaned her tank real quick.

So glad you like him! I can't wait to see them all grow up. His dad is indeed a very dark, patternless, pied sided "dark cherry" red. He's my favorite bloodred I've ever seen!

Drew I'd love to see pics of his parents if you have some and dont mind sharing...

Here are some updated photos. There are quite a few and I'm posting from my phone so bear with me. Apologize in advance if they are too large. I don't have a computer with internet access and I don't know how to resize on my phone.

DSC_0127_28_2012-02-26_17-35-47_001.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0180-1.jpg

DSC_0183-1.jpg

DSC_0199-1_28_2012-02-26_18-00-34_709.jpg

DSC_0203_28_2012-02-26_18-03-03_551.jpg

DSC_0204-1_28_2012-02-26_18-04-38_691.jpg

DSC_0207-1_28_2012-02-26_18-07-21_709.jpg

DSC_0219_28_2012-02-26_18-08-46_211-1-1.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

Thank you so much Drew. It would be awesome to see the pics of his parents. Judging by how this guy is starting to color up... Do you predict he may end up a dark red like his daddy? Not sure if he will be patternless or not, but I'm crossing my fingers that he will be a dark red boy.

Hard to say....but I do notice that this whole clutch seem to have a darker red rather than the orange-y bloods you sometimes see. I'd bet they will be dark, and hopefully lose a lot of the pattern too!

Either way I'm very happy with him. I think I may end up wanting to breed him in a few years, but first I'm trying to learn more about how all the genetics work to decide what would eventually be a great pairing for him. I'm kind of kicking myself now for not having bought one of the females from you as well.

WOW! That is one of the most beautiful Bloodreds I have seen. He is going to be a little stunner when he grows up. Congrats!

I just noticed tonight that Serkan went into blue. Looks like I'm going to have a freshly shed snake to photograph here shortly. I can't wait to check out his new scales.

I was just going to say he looks blue!! He sure got red! You'll have to do an update when he sheds!!

Ya I noticed he was looking a little dull in my last set of photos. He wasnt too thrilled about me disturbing him to change his water out this evening lol.

Back