• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New corn

Question for ya, the first pic... was that taken outside or under really bright light? Seems to me that maybe cloudy eyes due to shed, plus lights causing his pupils to constrict... could create a hybrid looking eyeball?

Nothing else on this little guy deviates from what you'd expect a nice little Anery baby to look like. I really don't see caramel either.

Yes Jaded, flash was used in the first pic, and you seem to be right about the eyes. I'll wait a couple of days to let the little guy shed and take new pictures. :)

So guess who's just had his first perfect shed! :D

I'll upload some pictures when I get home.

Post shed pics:

belly pic as promised:
84GLB.png

WmogX.png

KOuCy.png

U7ZHO.png

Fl1sd.png

just a hunch, but can you post a pic of the ventral showing the last half of the snake including the tail?

dc

just a hunch, but can you post a pic of the ventral showing the last half of the snake including the tail?

dc

post #24, at 10 oclock on the pic, in the groove of the plastic container you can "kind of" see the vent and tail. Looks as "checkered" as the belly...Kisatchie?

Also kind of neat ( and just a little OT) to consider how corn snakes have made their way into Portugal :)

His irises do look smaller than the pics on Ian's Viv of anery's. ....Do snake irises change size with light like ours do?

Anyhow, he sure is cute!

The newer photos do say anery instead of black rat. They also show he is just a little bit "bug-eyed", but he will probably outgrow that. That first photo just wasn't obvious that he was going blue to me, and with him looking just about right at the camera, it was so much like how my Harry, my black rat, always looked at me. His eyes never left me.

His belly isn't dark like a black rat, the last half of it should be almost black, but maybe that developes more later on, :p I can't remember, my girl is a year old now. But I would expect to see a lot more black on that belly so I'm gonna say anery too.

I was hoping for a clear belly shot of the tail to see if it was checkered or "striped". It appears to be checkered in the one pic, but I can't be sure. Either way, IF it is checkered, then I am suprised no one said anything about it, that would mean it isn't corn or at the very least, not pure corn. All my normals, aneries, charcoals and so on have the tell tale post vent stripes on the tails. Also, when is the last time anyone saw a corn with diamond shaped lateral blotches like the one in the pic? Maybe I have missed them, but I haven't see a corn before with this type of lateral blotching nor lack of post vent. Lastly, the spear point is nothing like I have ever seen in a corn snake, it is much larger than any I have ever seen.

Still a nice looking anery, but it just doesn't look like a pure corn to me. Of course, I am typically wrong, so probably best to ignore anything I have posted tonight.

dc

I was hoping for a clear belly shot of the tail to see if it was checkered or "striped". It appears to be checkered in the one pic, but I can't be sure. Either way, IF it is checkered, then I am suprised no one said anything about it, that would mean it isn't corn or at the very least, not pure corn. All my normals, aneries, charcoals and so on have the tell tale post vent stripes on the tails. Also, when is the last time anyone saw a corn with diamond shaped lateral blotches like the one in the pic? Maybe I have missed them, but I haven't see a corn before with this type of lateral blotching nor lack of post vent. Lastly, the spear point is nothing like I have ever seen in a corn snake, it is much larger than any I have ever seen.

Still a nice looking anery, but it just doesn't look like a pure corn to me. Of course, I am typically wrong, so probably best to ignore anything I have posted tonight.

dc

Well for the sake of a pet with a loving home... its a corn snake. Right?

Well for the sake of a pet with a loving home... its a corn snake. Right?

No one knows for sure, however, it is a pet though, that is certain. I am happy for the owner and snake, however, the owner purchased it thinking he/she bought an Amber morph corn snake, so the assumption is they thought they were getting a pure corn right?

dc

I forgot who had them... but a while back I saw an add on ks.com with multiple, like 7+ corns of different obvious morphs

I found it odd because at least half of them had bug eyes... 2 were creepily extreme. But outside of their eyes they looked completely normal.

Question to be posed... could this be a product excessive of inbreeding?

Ghost had his first meal today, seems to be a good eater like Loki, went straight for it. No need for leaving it overnight or covering him. :)

uLsgG.png

Back