• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New here. My intro.....

Wow, how do you hear about these things? Those poor animals are lucky you came along. Your discussion about the puppies who grow up sounds like you know a neighbor of mine. We've lived in this subdivision (yuck - I really hate it, but that's another topic) for 8 years. I can't begin to count the number of puppies this particular neighbor has run through. They grow up, they disappear, they get replaced by another puppy. :angry01: It's infuriating, but no one is interested in doing anything about it. Sadly, Mississippi has some of the weakest animal cruelty laws in the nation, and there's no overt evidence of abuse; the animals are cared for while they're there.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Thanks

Welcome and Great job on rescuing so many snakes and animals in need! It's great to know there are people with kind hearts out there to repair the damage done by inconsiderate people..I can truely say I do admire you for having such a great heart and such patience and love for animals. I"m sure your children will grow up to be very happy and have very good lives..With a mother like you I can truely see your son being the next steve Irwin...(That is if he sticks to that and doesn't want to be a doctor next week, then a police man next month..lol...gotta love kids)

LOL. Yea, that sounds like my middle son. A fireman this week, a policeman last week, a train conductor before that. :eek:) My oldest though, he has been very driven since he was about 5. He will be 9 in Sept. He has been very into animals and conservation for over 3 years. He started his own wildlife fund last year in memory of Steve Irwin. And he picks up trash every time we go to the park. We are very proud of our little wildlife warrior!
Thanks for the post. Its nice to have all this wonderful support I have found here on the forum.

Wow, how do you hear about these things? Those poor animals are lucky you came along. Your discussion about the puppies who grow up sounds like you know a neighbor of mine. We've lived in this subdivision (yuck - I really hate it, but that's another topic) for 8 years. I can't begin to count the number of puppies this particular neighbor has run through. They grow up, they disappear, they get replaced by another puppy. :angry01: It's infuriating, but no one is interested in doing anything about it. Sadly, Mississippi has some of the weakest animal cruelty laws in the nation, and there's no overt evidence of abuse; the animals are cared for while they're there.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

LOL Word of mouth mostly. We have a friend who used to own a reptile store and now raises them out of his garage. He has 153 right now. Anyway, he has pointed us to a few of them. One or 2 we saw on freecycle or craigslist. The 2 we got where the lady died, we actually got because I bought some clothes from the neighbor. She and I talked for awhile and she kept my email. So when her neighbor died she remembered me and gave the relatives our email when they came down. My latest we did pay for, but the guy said since no one would buy them all together, he was going to set them all loose in his yard. We only went to look at what he had because my husband wanted a milksnake. The man had 5 snakes together in a 20 gallon tank!! 2 different species!! OMG!!! We bought them just to get them out of that situation. We are working on seperating them now. I just bought a metal shelving unit and am looking for some 20-30 gallon tanks. I hate the rubbermaid idea. I know lots of people use it but we like to view them as well as give them as much room as we can. So this will do both. We can house more in a smaller area and still have it asthetically appealing. LOL

Thanks for the post! Its great to be welcomed and I love all the support I have received here on the forum!!

Back