• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New pics of Bruticus

Serpwidgets

Enjoy. :wavey:

Attachments

• Bruticus_080106 001.jpg
    Bruticus_080106 001.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Bruticus_080106 004.jpg
    Bruticus_080106 004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 199
wow! What a awesome, stunning, amazing snake! wow! wow! wow!

;)

hana

Harumph! He is sneaking more of that background color again isn't he? He looks fat and happy and at least has nice reds, eh? Let me know if you decide you want a "greyer" male down the road. :)

I couldn't decide between a Miami or a Crimson, but everyone says Miami so I'll jump on the bandwagon lol!
He is GORGEOUS - I said "wow" out loud when I opened the thread! *drools*

diamondlil said:
Is he a 'carol special'?
He's lovely
He is from Carol but he is not what she sells as the top end of Miamis. I think her good ones are generally a bit better than this guy. :)

Carol said:
Let me know if you decide you want a "greyer" male down the road.
I am not breeding the "Grade A" miamis to each other, so his being less than perfect won't make any significant difference at this point in the project. But when I get F2s it will make a difference, so I will be looking for a "perfect specimen" around 2009/2010. ;)

Serpwidgets said:
I am not breeding the "Grade A" miamis to each other, so his being less than perfect won't make any significant difference at this point in the project. But when I get F2s it will make a difference, so I will be looking for a "perfect specimen" around 2009/2010. ;)

OK, I'll be able hook you up by then. :)

Serpwidgets said:
He is from Carol but he is not what she sells as the top end of Miamis. I think her good ones are generally a bit better than this guy. :)

You'd better go ahead and get on the waiting list, because I don't think there are too many of those 'perfect' Miamis to go around (not that I've ever seen, anyway.) Maybe I have failed to notice the photos, if there have been lots of photos posted of 'perfect silver' Miamis from Carol.

That one looks nice, but I know they change a lot between hatching and two years of age, so I don't try to form too strong of an opinion about hatchlings.

Perfect silver is doable, I don't know if the perfect Miami is. However, that all depends on your expectations of what "perfect" is. I'm very particular about Miami Phase, I don't know if there will ever be one that I would label as perfect... perfect silver, perfect shade of red, solid saddles, just the right amount of border, eats f/t. :)

I completely agree that it is impossible to guarantee a hatchling will turn out with perfect silver. However, I can keep a few back next year and by 2009 I'll have a pretty good idea of who is up to par. If Serp's project goes another direction, I could always use a few good men. I am getting better at picking them out, but don't claim 100% accuracy. The one that Serp now has, I have always claimed that he was one that could go either way.

Here are a few that I consider to have perfect silver, but are not perfect Miamis.....
Hypo Miami
2827WSHM.gif

Miami
2826Tootsie.gif

Miami
2857ClintMiami.gif

This little scrap in this thread is only a yearling but is showing some promise to be good enough to be a breeder here. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35662

Those look very silver. The second one looks like he could have a TINY bit of beige tipping between some of the saddles, but it's difficult to see in a photograph.

Personally, I take the definition of Miami Phase pretty literally, as far as "resembling specimens from the Miami area." I do try to select locality Miamis that display those traits associated with them (I don't pick Miamis that look like Okeetees, even if they are from downtown Miami.) Most of the locality Corns expressing the look most common to that area have a lot of yellow on the lateral/side markings, and they usually have at least a little bit of tan on the silver or grey, but overall they look silver or grey. They also tend to have sort of a metallic sheen which is a result of a background color that is not perfectly uniform. The 'powder grey' Miamis have lost that metallic sheen, imo. Most of the locality Miamis are shorter and more slender than the largest Corns. Mine all eat f/t, although a couple of them took some work to get started. I have found having warm prey is usually what makes the difference.

As far as the color, I honestly think they look different from week to week, because of their shed cycles and the fact that they are growing/maturing. A picture represents how they look on one day, presumably at their best. I don't know how the ACR works as far as the photos, but it would be beneficial to have a series of photos (at least 2 or 3 different ages, including 'fully mature' at 3 years of age).

Back