• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New snake worries

i have a heating pad under the tank that i don't have control over but to seems to keep the warm side warm.

If you are saying you don't have a thermostat or a rheostat to control the tank heating go get one. Incorrect temperatures will also cause your snake to be nippy because she's not "happy".

I don't use lighting either, just natural light.

And as Fauna said, don't rush with the snake. Every snake is different and I guess the old one you had was used to you or had a different personality. Let her settle for 1 week or so with no handling, and then start with short sessions of 5 minutes a day. From that, gradually increase up to 10-15 minutes.

Thanks.... And when using natural lighting how do u keep him/her warm. I was told the i good to keep her warm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep him warm with an undertank heating pad, I don't use a heater lamp. You have to have one warm method. Lamps are usually not recommended for corns, all you need is belly heat and you can get that with UTH pad.
Light is just to keep day/night cycles and "see" the snakes. I have my desk next to my tank, so at night I have a small desk lamp on and that's enough to see the snake.

Ohhh okay i didn't know that thanks
I use to wonder how ppl keep corns and Python in tuber wear containers without a heat source. Im still learning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back