• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Newbie corn owner!

New question for you guys. The day bulb sold to me was reading 110 by the thermometer so I've just been using the night bulb sold to me. The night bulb is reading 98-99. Should I leave it off or leave it on? The thermostat is coming tomorrow but the under tank heater unfortunately won't be arriving until Wednesday. I also believe he's going to be shedding soon. His eyes are cloudy almost a bluish tint to them. His belly scales are also duller looking. There is a store called Petsense. I'm going to drop by there tomorrow hoping they will have an under tank heater. Then I could get everything straightened out by tomorrow. They were unfortunately closed by the time I got off work tonight. Wishing I would have thought of that place first.

All of the things I ordered came in today! I've got both probes (thermometer/thermostat) under the substrate on top of the uth. His uth is reading correctly but the humidity is a bit low. Any tips of how to raise that or is high 30s still acceptable? Wanted to thank y'all so much! I've learned a lot on here already and feel great knowing Gatlin has a proper setup!

Back