• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ok, a few colubrids from AZ...

You guys are so lucky to live where there are reptiles. I miss that part of living in CA. Here in CT all I ever see is garters and the occasional black racer. I did find a couple of ringnecks once. They were only about 5" long, but that was back in the '80s. I feel lucky if I see one snake a year in the wild.

You guys are so lucky to live where there are reptiles.

You're right...we are! I don't know if I could live in an area where I couldn't go herping in the warmer months. One of the reasons I moved to AZ, after a teaching career in MI, is because of the great herps and longer season.

Have already found a couple of these right in my yard...
GilaMonsterChuckPH43010b1b_TC.jpg

Of course, only in certain times of the year.

AZ is one of the best states for reptiles and amphibians in the country... :spinner:

I may have to take a trip over your way and do some herping with you... I would love to find a gilla monster (my favorite lizard)...LOL

Well, if you're ever over this way, you can give me a holler. The gilas are hard to find, however. They become active sometime in April, but we only see a few every year. It's really just lucky timing. Also, I'm on the go a lot. Lots of hobbies and travel. Make sure you call a week in advance or more.

:cheers:

GilaMonsterChuckPH43010c1b_TC.jpg

LOL can I come down and visit and do some Field herping?
lol would love to catch and keep a few green rats.

But Gilas are the only hots I would keep, legally of course.

Hmmm... Maybe if I cannot afford to go all the way to Louisiana this coming summer, I could probably afford to drive out to Arizona...lol

LOL can I come down and visit and do some Field herping?
lol would love to catch and keep a few green rats.

But Gilas are the only hots I would keep, legally of course.

Yaaah, but only if you're real nice to me on the forums...hahaha!

Green rats are actually pretty common in the mtns of the Madrean Plateau. I can be in green rat territory in about 20 minutes from my house and I do a lot of that, 'cus they're my favorite field study project. I'm not saying I see tons of them, but the odds are fairly good when I decide to go out looking.

:spinner:

Hmmm... Maybe if I cannot afford to go all the way to Louisiana this coming summer, I could probably afford to drive out to Arizona...lol

If you can get into the southwestern corner of N. M. you'll be in prime herpin' country, within 30 minutes of great herping in the Chiricahuas, where there are green rats, btw.

:santa:

I don't live too far from south west NM. I am in Las Cruces, and have friends that live in Deming. I have seen maps of places where people have caught some western hog noses out that way. That is definitely one snake I would love to catch...lol...

Back