• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ok, so I think my snake is going to starve to death

i sure hope so. i actually just covered the whole tank with a big blanket to give him some privacy just in case. .

Great to hear Farticus!!! Hears hoping it stays down and comes out the other end in a few days!!! Congrats.

OK, so here is an update...
Haven't seen the lil guy since he ate. he has been hiding. not even at night. so i needed to change his water, and i started to sift through the aspen, and didn't find any poop, he probably didn't poop yet, but if he does, and its IN and not ON the aspen, i think im going to have a hard time finding it. Anyway, i sifted until i found him, and guess what he is in blue. no wonder. so i gave him a damp hide and misted the cage just in case. how long does a shed usually take? and how long after he sheds should i try another meal?

Well I can't remember Faticus, if you said he was really little or not. But i am going to go with really little. "Blue" for a really little guy will last approx 2-3 days, then he will clear up and with in the week he will shed.....keep in mind most not all little onse are very fast with this cycle so it may be a couple of days for the whole process. Once done shed feel free to offer food at your next regularly planned feeding day. Usually, once done shedding they are ready to eat again. Hope this helps.

Tisha

**UPDATE**

Ok, so its been 7 days exactly since Turok's last feeding, (named him Turok) and since then he hid nearly everyday since. had to check on him, and figured he was digesting for a day or 2 so when i did find him (had to shuffle through aspen for a while) turned out he was going to shed soon. so ive been misting the cage often, and gave him a moist hide (that he will not touch) and today when i get home from work, he is there perching on his dragon (gave him a big dragon in his viv) and a clean one piece perfectly shed skin. so i put him in his cool whip container, washed 2 pinks this time, and popped them in there, and in less than 10 minutes he downed them like cold beers. Success! looks likes everything is going good. maybe i can finally start handling him more that a day or 2 a week without worry of him not eating or something. im still going to take it slow though.... :dancer:

Back