• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Okeetee vs. Normal

no i think that's the first time i've ever seen that picture

Sorry I was just asking questions.....I was pointed to this thread by: jpccusa

I asked this on another thread:

And hey while I'm here....allow me to ask a question: I bought an Oketee Corn 3 years ago, (Unknown Line) and it started out with nice black outlined bands and everything about a year and half ago every shed the black started to disappear until I was left with the following the corn has very dark burnt orange backround and red saddles with no outlining what so ever...any ideas what happened? Because I'm at a loss:

ok1.jpg

At anyrate I saw Kathy Love thought it was odd as well, but not entirely out of the relm of possibilty which is fine, I was curious because of the rather sudden color change.

~B~

sus the snake in my avatar is a normal, and my snake which is the pics i provided are a normal also. Am i wrong?

No you are not wrong, they are both normals, but you actually said "The snake in my avatar is my normal corn. I love her. Thank you all so very much. I thought i was the only one that saw the big similarities. Adult Okeetee's look sweet. That's why i want to get one. I see the big difference in adults and i can't wait."

By using the word "my" it implies you own it, see what I mean?

If it is a photo of someone elses corn and you have used it without their permission, then that could lead you into trouble with the law, just like plagiarism, get it?

No you are not wrong, they are both normals, but you actually said "The snake in my avatar is my normal corn. I love her. Thank you all so very much. I thought i was the only one that saw the big similarities. Adult Okeetee's look sweet. That's why i want to get one. I see the big difference in adults and i can't wait."
By using the word "my" it implies you own it, see what I mean?
If it is a photo of someone elses corn and you have used it without their permission, then that could lead you into trouble with the law, just like plagiarism, get it?

James, you are always getting in trouble for not choosing your words better. So to be clear, the snake picture you use in your avatar is not the snake you own... But both (the picture and yours) are normal corns.
Careful with plagiarism...

the snake in my avatar is mine.

Oh, so you have two snakes, both of which are normal corns?

In that case I apologise, because of your signature and the fact that you only ever talk about the one snake in the posts you make, I just assumed you only had the one. :shrugs: Those pics are of two different snakes, because the head pattern is different, so is the patterning going down the neck ;)

Saddles that are already so dark you can't even see the black outlining. The black outlining that you can see is thick thick thick. Look especially near the tail. The Okeetee's (looks) that I really adore looking at are the ones that don't even have red in their saddles as you get near the tail because the black outline has taken them over!! :eek: The hatchling comes out of the egg (first shed) and the ground color is already established with not just hints of orange, but is orange, and not just plain gray.
. . . that help?! ;)
D80

Ok, here are 20 minutes ago pictures of Kinky's tail with dark/almost black saddles.

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1942.JPG

OK i dunno how to make this more clear. The pics i provided are the same snake. The snake in the avatar is a different snake. I have two snakes in my house, but i only own one of them as my own.

OK i dunno how to make this more clear. The pics i provided are the same snake. The snake in the avatar is a different snake. I have two snakes in my house, but i only own one of them as my own.

Sure James!
All Sue and I are saying is to be careful with plagiarism. If you think you ALWAYS said the truth, ok then. You should be fine.

I'm happy i cleared that up, i was starting to get mad because i thought we were all on the same page, but i guess not. But now we are so it's all good. Sorry for the mix up.

Did you see the pictures of Kinky's tail? See how dark it is?
I just hope he'll grow into a nice looking Abbott Okeetee and not into a Classic, otherwise I will have to eat my post. :D

Hey i've been wondering how you can tell the difference between a baby okeetee and a baby normal corn? They both look the same to me as babies, but when they get their adult colors you can see a little difference. Not much in my opinion. Yes i know the colors on the okeetee are more bold and solid, and what not, but is there a way to tell the difference so you know what your getting at the baby stage. I have a shop that's selling a baby okeetee corn, and i would get it, but i honestly don't know if it's really an okeetee or just a normal. I already have a normal and it looks just like the okeetee in the store, and the okeetee pics i saw online. Thanks for the tips.
It can be tough to tell them apart as babies since they look so similar. However, Okeetee Corn Snakes usually have thicker black borders around their saddle marks and slightly more vibrant colours, even at a young age. Checking the head pattern might also help—Okeetees often have a more defined pattern.
If you’re unsure, ask the shop about the snake’s lineage or see if they have photos of the parents. That can give you a better idea of what you’re getting! For more information about the Okeetee corn snake visit this site 👉 https://snakesworld.info/okeetee-corn-snake/.
Okeetee-CornSnake.jpg

Back