• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

opinions

I thought you just needed amels and anery to make snows! Shows how much I know. Now I have to buy hets....geez. This is already too much work! :)

Well, you *can* make snows with amels and anerys, just not directly. You would have to breed them, then breed two babies from their clutch. But you only have a 1 in 16 chance of producing a snow from that breeding.

It is a little complicated! Lucky for me, it's a kind of complicated I think is a lot of fun! If you ever decide to play around with various combinations just to see what you'd get, www.corncalc.com is a great tool. I spent a lot of time on it while I whacked away at various breeding plans I could hope to pursue in a few years!

But if I buy an amel het anery and an anery het amel I have a 1/4 chance of producing snows...............riiiight?
But then what if I buy from a horrible person and I only get amel and anery and then I can't figure out why I'm not producing snows and then I give up for the rest of my life!!! :uhoh:

Well, don't buy from a horrible person! :p

There are a lot of good breeders on this site who seem to be quite reliable, so you could always go with one of them. Then there's the Board of Inquiry at faunaclassifieds.com, where people report their experiences with various breeders and sellers. And then there's the fact that sometimes, you can tell by looking at the rest of the clutch. If someone posts a baby pile on this site, and you can see that there are amels, anerys, and snows in the clutch, then all of the amels will be het anery, and all of the anerys will be het amel. They have to be, or else the snows couldn't have come from the same parents.

Of course, you could always just get an amel AND an anery AND a snow... ;)

Anyway, all baby corns are freaking adorable. Even if you don't end up with your target morph, you would have to have a heart of stone, and really hard stone at that, for it not to melt at those little bug eyes and those little faces sticking out of their eggs. <3 <3 <3

Or, since they're so addictive...just get the ones you like, breed them when they're ready, & hope for some cool hets. :)
I have a Hypo, Normal & Anery, that had a snow sibling, out of a NormalXHypo, or NormalXNormal...(I posted pics of the male & am told he could be Hypo or Normal.) I'll be breeding them next year, to confirm it.

I just thought of something...when I got my snake, I didn't care what it looked like. I just liked him. I remember all the babies were in the deli cup things, just laying there and McBeth was trying to escape. I was allowed to hold him and he just slithered on my hand. He was not boring and not crazy. He was just perfect. I guess I'm going to look for a snake with the right personality (or snakality? It's not a person) and I'll see what morph I get. It's a surprise to me from me!

I think that's sometimes the best way. It's actually how I've gotten all my snakes so far, though sooooooooon I will be getting a girl I *did* pick based on morph. Luckily, I love all my snakes hopelessly, so I'm sure I will love her too. :)

I just thought of something...when I got my snake, I didn't care what it looked like. I just liked him. I remember all the babies were in the deli cup things, just laying there and McBeth was trying to escape. I was allowed to hold him and he just slithered on my hand. He was not boring and not crazy. He was just perfect. I guess I'm going to look for a snake with the right personality (or snakality? It's not a person) and I'll see what morph I get. It's a surprise to me from me!

I think that is the perfect idea!

Back