• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

paradox !!!

richardmccleave

hi all. im ricky from n.ireland. im looking for breeders who have paradox amels in there collection. im aware that jeff is working on paradox snows but im looking for some more breeders world wide who may have a paradox in there collection. thanks for your time/reply ricky.

Yes---I thought you were looking to purchase. Not necessarily a wrong place for any thread.

There are a few threads around here on paradox snows, I'm not sure about paradox amels, though. Check out the search feature for those threads.

:)

richardmccleave said:
can you buy a paradox snow in the u.s. if so how much and who all has them thanks ricky

I'm sure someone has one for sale. However, to ship a snake across the pond, to pay for importing and exporting fees and such, it wouldn't be nearly worth it. And, nobody has proven it to be a recessive gene---or anything that can be passed down. So it seems like that would be quite the waste.

o yea and since amel means no black so haveing black is paradox. snow with red or black is paradox because anery a removes red and amel removes black. so thats why there paradox.

has jeff not sorta proved his paradox snows?? how many paradox corns would be in the u.s. would rich or kathy be able to shed some light on this?

richardmccleave said:
has jeff not sorta proved his paradox snows?? how many paradox corns would be in the u.s. would rich or kathy be able to shed some light on this?

Probably not, I've never heard Rich, Don or Kathy talk about paradox animals that they were trying to prove out. I'm sure there's some number, since my assumption is that it's just an anomoly. People have worked with them before and it doesn't seem like it's heritable.

Not really sure why people always want to work with them....

thanks for the info. do you think it could be possable to get talking to some off these people who have worked on them. many thanks ricky.

tbh, i think it would be worth the import fees.
the thing is, there is such a gap in what we have over here compared to the US, that they would increase in value with every mile they got nearer to our shores lol.
remember, we must be 10 years behind.

There have been a lot of amel corns with black spots on them, as well as anery corns with red spots on them. The problem is that so far none of them have proven to be heritable. So if you were to buy a "paradox" (amel or anery) it's likely that it will be the only one, and that you wouldn't be able to hatch more of them. Great deal if you just really want to have one for yourself and it's worth the price tag. :)

But if the idea is to breed and sell them, it'd be a big gamble, at least until someone finally runs into (and proves out) a heritable form.

cornmorphs said:
tbh, i think it would be worth the import fees.
the thing is, there is such a gap in what we have over here compared to the US, that they would increase in value with every mile they got nearer to our shores lol.
remember, we must be 10 years behind.

Big time Nigel.Sci here.Prob 15 years here in N.Ireland you can pay up to aprox 100usd for an amel corn here in a pet shop.I sold normals het for hypo for $55 this year and could of sold 20 maybe 30 more that month easy.

Serpwidgets said:
There have been a lot of amel corns with black spots on them, as well as anery corns with red spots on them. The problem is that so far none of them have proven to be heritable. So if you were to buy a "paradox" (amel or anery) it's likely that it will be the only one, and that you wouldn't be able to hatch more of them. Great deal if you just really want to have one for yourself and it's worth the price tag. :)

But if the idea is to breed and sell them, it'd be a big gamble, at least until someone finally runs into (and proves out) a heritable form.

Its not a gamble here mate as its het for caramel/butter which sell for $100 trade here double that for most shops.Thats easy money.

Paradox snow

You might want to check out VMS Herps. I have seen a paradox on his website. I did not see any for sale but he has a picture of one.

RH

Even us Canadians are behind the beat when compared to the US. Their community is substantially larger than ours, and it's tough to get the across the border... We could try and smuggle them! I know in the past there have been a few individuals whom would transport/smuggle them across the border and ship to Canadian addresses... Bit harder to do that across the pond I'm sure. But compared to the states our corns are probably twice as expensive in most cases, and dont even get me started on inter-canadian shipping! I wish I could corns shipped for 45-50 bucks!

NI GUY said:
Its not a gamble here mate as its het for caramel/butter which sell for $100 trade here double that for most shops.Thats easy money.
Breeding corns is seldom easy money, and there are always risks involved.

The gamble I was talking about, until someone proves out such a gene, is whether or not you'd ever hatch any paradoxes. There's no guarantee of that right now, thus it's a gamble.

If you pay, for example, $1000 + importing/shipping costs, you might be buying nothing more than what is genetically an amel, which you could have bought there for only $100, and without all the additional expense and hassle. ;)

Back