• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

paradox !!!

Serpwidgets said:
Breeding corns is seldom easy money, and there are always risks involved.

The gamble I was talking about, until someone proves out such a gene, is whether or not you'd ever hatch any paradoxes. There's no guarantee of that right now, thus it's a gamble.

If you pay, for example, $1000 + importing/shipping costs, you might be buying nothing more than what is genetically an amel, which you could have bought there for only $100, and without all the additional expense and hassle. ;)

Shipping one corn would be a really bad move.If I where doing it I would ship dozens and as im a cargo agent for a multi national cargo handler I would get big discounts. :cool:

NI GUY said:
Shipping one corn would be a really bad move.If I where doing it I would ship dozens and as im a cargo agent for a multi national cargo handler I would get big discounts. :cool:
Ok, let's simplify this whole equation...

If you are buying a "paradox" snake, you will not get a volume discount on the snake. Since there are only a handful of them in existence, you will be lucky to find someone willing to sell one, and will pay, let's say P dollars for it.

Meanwhile, you could buy an amelanistic snake locally, and pay A dollars for it.

If you subtract the price of the amel from the price of the paradox (P - A = G) you would get G, which the amount of money you would be gambling.

In short, you are betting that the paradox corn is genetic and can be reproduced by breeding. If it is, you "win" and "make easy money." If it is not, you "lose" and you paid a whole bunch of money for a "paradox" corn that cannot produce anything but amels, and therefore was "overpriced" by amount G.

So, it boils down to you spending the money on a snake whose value is unknown to you, and it could be either a lot more than you paid, or a lot less than you paid, or any other amount.

There's a word for that, and I think you can guess what that word is... gambling. :wavey:

at the min im just looking into things im not sure what im going to do im mainly just looking for info and to speck to fellow paradox owners. i do have the father of the paradox who is also the brother off a paradox so im going to give him a try at it first but buying another paradox could be something i may have to think about. the money doesnt really come into it as i dont care.

Sure mate its a gamble but if there is anyone out there that has another one that they would sell.I would consolidate it with a lot of high/med end stuff and ship it here we would still make profit.So if it does'nt prove out as you say we still get a nice corn out of it.I know I could get $180 for a lavender here maybe more.Butters sell for $100 in England you just can't get them here and if they are offered its twice that.Do you know where im coming from.ie P - A doesn't = g in Ireland.If they are not willing to sell,some info to help each other out would be good for corn/paradox breeding.

i have lavenders available for £100, which is about the going rate in England, i also have decided to sell some of my 'keep' butters, they are £50, which is also about the same.
there are quite a lot of butters about NI guy, but the thing is they hold their money really well and are a real hit over here.
i know they are my fav morph, even compared to a lot of the stuff that we dont have here yet, although i havent seen most of it in the flesh so that might change my view but i doubt it.

anyway, back to the paradox, would def be a worthwhile investment IMO.

cornmorphs said:
i have lavenders available for £100, which is about the going rate in England, i also have decided to sell some of my 'keep' butters, they are £50, which is also about the same.
there are quite a lot of butters about NI guy, but the thing is they hold their money really well and are a real hit over here.
i know they are my fav morph, even compared to a lot of the stuff that we dont have here yet, although i havent seen most of it in the flesh so that might change my view but i doubt it.

anyway, back to the paradox, would def be a worthwhile investment IMO.

Hi nigel I already got one of your lavenders mate which is doing great its Sci here.I was just using them as an example.Butters ar'nt that common in N.Ireland I had to get my from England you would up to £100 in a pet shop here and the only guy I know here this year breeding them was breeding hets.There is no breeders of lavenders yet.

lol, oh sorry hiya si.
glad its doing ok.
i just have got a bad feeder, well non feeder going and its doing great now and looks stunning.
butters will fly over there too mate, popular with almost everyone.

and the butter father who is also the brother off a paradox.

Attachments

• my butter1.jpg
    my butter1.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 56
  • my butter2.jpg
    my butter2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 56
Back