• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Petsmart going to sell corns and kings...

If I remember right, Petco's is wrong too. I'll try and find it.
Here are the messed up quotes, from my opinion, from that link. Someone should email them.

Quote: Keep the humidity level at or above 30%. (Is this okay?)
Temperatures: Basking - use an under-tank heater, heat rock or spot light to create basking area of 90-95 degrees F (32-35 degrees C).

heh im not surprised, its always the same with these pet stores...
i was in a big one recently and they tried to tell me an anery was a ghost het lav... he looked exactly like my anery...

scalesnthings said:
Wow.. looks like they didn't like being PeTA's b**** anymore huh? haha..

Yeah really. I remember when they wouldn't sell snakes as pets because those horrible creatures eat poor little mice! Then they started selling the "Arctic Mice". Now select stores will even sell snakes! Part of me is glad to see it, part of me is not.

Health

Signs of a healthy Quaker parakeet:

A curious and active disposition
Clear, bright eyes
Clean, smooth feathers
Eats throughout the day
Normal droppings that are not runny for more than a couple of days
Things to watch for:

Decreased appetite; weight loss
Decreased activity and grooming behavior
Change in droppings in excess of two days
Sitting at the bottom of cage
Discharge from nose or mouth; sneezing
Feathers fluffed for prolonged periods of time

If you notice any of the signs described above, consult an Avian Veterinarian.
I think that is one of my favorite parts. Did you know that corns and kings now have feathers? :nope:

~Katie

kimbyra said:
Oops, also feeding the young ones 2-3 times a week!
Every 3-4 days is cool while they're on pinks. I guess if it had been my care sheet, I would have worded it that way. I like how they advise you not to constrict your snake while handling it. ;)

Our petsmart started carrying snakes a couple months ago. I went in and saw a cali king and a corn snake on display. But that was before they would sell the mice there, so I was confused. But I guess now they have the mice available for sale. Well, I am sure they will treat their herps better than Petco... how I hate that place.

"Solitary Although corn snakes can be housed communally, king snakes are snake eaters and must be housed singly. Snakes should always be fed singularly."

hmmm.. i think they should put that Corns have to be housed ALONE.. they would even make more money off it.. 1 snake per tank = SELLING MORE STUFF!

jazzgeek said:
*Patiently waiting for JenC to respond....* :cool:

regards,
jazz

Yeah whats happening here? When are we gonna get the true story? Jen C come on hook us up!
Josh

i beleive she already gave her reason and even posted pics to prove to you guys.. so lay off a bit.

get over myself? did i rudely tell you off for saying that? no i gave you the link to the info and asked you to lay off..Mabey since were on a forum you cant tell if i was mad or not. but i wasnt so chill ;)

RyanR said:
get over myself? did i rudely tell you off for saying that? no i gave you the link to the info and asked you to lay off..Mabey since were on a forum you cant tell if i was mad or not. but i wasnt so chill ;)

Nope I had seen that link before. Thats all. Maybe its your difficulty seeing sarcasm? Guess it doesnt matter. Im sure Jen C wasnt offended by it. Thats all that would matter I guess.
Josh

Slow down there, Sparky.

jazzgeek said:
First of all, I screwed up. I meant to say Jen Thompson ("JTGoff69"), who is a manager at a PetSmart store - and while no offense to JenC, I think JT's response would have more validity in this thread.

Now, to the fun part.

RyanR said:
heres the link Joker and Jazzgeek. Now you can lay off :)
Yeah, I was so darned aggressive in my original post. Let's review:
jazzgeek said:
:rolleyes:

And again I say: :rolleyes:

So, chill.

regards,
jazz

Back