• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Please Please Help!!!

I'll have to go to the local hardware store and see if I can find some of that. I'll also be scouting for 20 Gallon wide Rubbermaid containers with locking mechanisms as well just for the future.

Don't give up hope finding her. I lost one of my babies just a few days ago. Had no clue how long she had been gone and just knew she couldn't survive on her on. You see, I have not one but two cats and a dog. Well, thank goddess I came upstairs when I did today. My oldest cat found something very interesting to play with under a pair of pants on the floor. I shook them out and guess what drops out. My missing snake. She had left the reptile room she was housed in and made her way down the hall to my bedroom with 2 roaming cats in the house. That's brave. She is safe now back with her family. So, you'll find her when you least expect it. :)

Cats seem to be great at finding missing snakes, except I am so scared my cat will find my escaped snake and hurt her! I keep on looking and trying the pinky bottles but it is so cold here that I am afraid she will go into brumation, I can only hope she turns up next spring. I saw the picture of Trinity in your other post, she was pretty, my missing one's motley too.

Cindy said:
I would add some velco strapping if you can get it....

I was just wondering, would it help if I burned some holes in the lid and the container and tied it with something like a shoelace to keep the lid together at the corners?

I was just wondering, would it help if I burned some holes in the lid and the container and tied it with something like a shoelace to keep the lid together at the corners?
That sounds like a good idea, I will have to admit....my snake went missing through my stupidity, I didn't close the viv properly.

Godzilla2000 said:

I went to a local dollar store here and bought (for $1) those nylon straps (they were in the camping section), similiar to the straps on a backpack. I put one on each corner (under the tank) and pull the straps at the top of the tank to ensure the lid stays down. To open, all I have to do is push the hook up with my thumb to losten the strap, then pull the strap to however lose I want it, and it just drops off to the side. Works like a charm.

I have a 25g aquarium tank, so it's not a small container. The straps work perfectly... and cost me $1. And they look nice too!

Any more tips on finding my little girl? I hate to say it but.., im starting to give up hope... I have nad no sign :crying: :sobstory: :crying: :crying: , its about 60 degrees in my basement, and barley any water.. all teh pinks are still there, and the flour is still the same... :cry: :cry:

Back