• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Replies

louiscypher

I'm new to this site so don't want to hack people off! but if I ask a question I'm asking because I'm after a human response not a shed load of links! if you cannot answer my question don't post links to say LOOK HERE if you know then say.... it is this....not read this! I have read the link's and I'm posting a message to clarify what I have read for some reason people like posting shed load of links to sites that dont have any relavance!! not being rude but answer the question or dont respond!! the responses i have had when pushed for an answer to my breed/type of snake people dont respond!! either you dont know or you like posting responses to get your rating up and no jack about what i'm asking!!
I welcome all replies as long as they aren't links!!

Perhaps you should consider the handy dandy search function in the tool bar.. It's not that hard to use... :rolleyes: Probably the reason you're getting a bunch of links is because you're asking basic questions that the links just might answer.

hana

Thanks for replying, my point is i have looked all round this site and I am only asking questions for a bit more input maybe your other users don't??? I do and I'm looking for people to respond i.e "mate try a couple of layers of cardboard see if that works" kind of thing. i got 1 post that said "The best way to learn is to read the posts." !!! no its not the best way to learn is by experience or to ask!

Well, you're obviously frustrated with trying to find your answer, so I'll take a stab at it. ... What was your question?

louiscypher said:
I'm new to this site so don't want to hack people off! but if I ask a question I'm asking because I'm after a human response not a shed load of links! if you cannot answer my question don't post links to say LOOK HERE if you know then say.... it is this....not read this! I have read the link's and I'm posting a message to clarify what I have read for some reason people like posting shed load of links to sites that dont have any relavance!! not being rude but answer the question or dont respond!! the responses i have had when pushed for an answer to my breed/type of snake people dont respond!! either you dont know or you like posting responses to get your rating up and no jack about what i'm asking!!

*Adds to personal list of individual member preferences: louiscypher doesn't like links.* :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding! You should gratefully accept all replies that are intended to help you. If you don't like the links, don't click on them. How the heck is someone here supposed to know what sites you've read and which you haven't. How gracious of you to welcome all other replies. Have you stopped to think that most of the hundreds of active users here don't care what you welcome or reject?

I don't know what you expected this thread to accomplish, but I'll bet that the result is that most who read it will be unlikely to reply to your questions at all in the future.

louiscypher said:
Thanks for replying, my point is i have looked all round this site and I am only asking questions for a bit more input maybe your other users don't??? I do and I'm looking for people to respond i.e "mate try a couple of layers of cardboard see if that works" kind of thing. i got 1 post that said "The best way to learn is to read the posts." !!! no its not the best way to learn is by experience or to ask!
You do realize that not everyone here is around to serve your needs? And I hope you'd also understand that there are such things as tried and true methods. The reason you're getting links for your base questions is because those are the things people have tried and have worked. And believe me, no one wants to answer the same question a thousand times over. When you go to school, do you ask to have the stories of WW2 told to you by war vets, or do you read the text book?

hana

louiscypher said:

This is close to the rudest most laziest thing I have read on here... You should do your own research as most of have ... If we provide a "link" thats so you can read it yourself and find what you need .... and also there my be additional info on the page for you to learn ... I hope in the future you accept all replies with a smile and a "thank you" ..... :shrugs:

New Member Tips: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39306
Search Function Tut: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38853

:grin01:

Seriously, the reason people give links and suggestions to search, is that many things are covered on a weekly basis. There was even a thread just a couple of days ago regarding cardboard, which you mentioned in this thread.

I don't think I can add much more on to what others have already said in this thread, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Hold on people!!!
I'm not being rude!
I'm asking questions that links may answer (vaguely. not knocking links) and I do my own research!! im only looking for a bit of confirmation that what i'm doing is OK!
Man you people are aggressive, i am only asking for replies! sorry if I came across as lazy thats not the case! I was just after some input! not wanting walking through hand in hand!!!

louiscypher said:
I'm not being rude! ...Man you people are aggressive...

either you dont know or you like posting responses to get your rating up and no jack about what i'm asking!!

I wonder what gave us the idea that you were being rude. I wonder what aggression prompted our aggression.

But since you like being blunt, I'll respond in kind. Your temp question was a bit silly anyway. Let's see, I've done my research, so I know that my warm-side temps should be 82-86. By using a flat object as a barrier between my heat pad and my tank, I've brought the temps down from 100 to 97. By using another, I've brought my temps down to 93. And by using another, I've got it down to 89*. How would I get the temps into optimal range?

louiscypher said:
Hold on people!!!
I'm not being rude!

louiscypher said:
Man you people are aggressive, i am only asking for replies! sorry if I came across as lazy thats not the case! I was just after some input! not wanting walking through hand in hand!!!

louiscypher said:
Hold on people!!!
I'm not being rude!
I'm asking questions that links may answer (vaguely. not knocking links) and I do my own research!! im only looking for a bit of confirmation that what i'm doing is OK!

and maybe you weren't trying to be, but that is how you originally came across. i would have to agree with the others...................BUT, if you would have said something to the effect of: "thanks for all the replies and links guys and gals, i check them out and still had one more question that either i couldn't find a definite answer on or all the answers were conflicting with one another".........i gaurantee you would have not received this response.

to be honest, i don't even know the question that you are looking to an answer for.........i just came across this and decided to reply. hopefully you will get it (the answer) pretty soon.

Well...this is interesting. I will start this by saying that as school started this fall I've not had the time to respond to every thread that I would like to on the forums lately. Saying that, I still usually open the threads that I feel are pertinent and skip the threads that are asking the basic questions that I see people have already responded to. When I can, I read most of them. Now, when I opened this thread I immediately felt that you were being rude and attacking those of us on this forums that sometimes post links. I probably wouldn't have singled you our for any reason but now your name will be linked with this thread in my mind. Not everyone reads every post so you always have to think that you're making a first impression. Not the best one IMO. Now what was that original question again?

~Katie

P.S. - louiscypher, I'm guessing Dean was referring to something you did when he was talking about bringing the temp down (guessing mind you).

louiscypher said:
You used all that!!! i used 2 sheets of picture glass and some card!! you want the instructions bud!!
:roflmao: Thanks, but no thanks. It'll be a dark day in my herp-hobbyist career when I need husbandry instruction from you. I've managed my 50+ snakes pretty well, so far, without your input. Common sense and the ability and motivation to do my own research have served me well. :wavey:

louiscypher said:

I guess I have nothing to say..... :cry:
The Duke of url's

The only way to really feel comfortable with your knowledge about the snakes you care for is through experience. It's pretty obvious if something's a bit off with your husbandry when you first start out, but it's not the end of the world. It's how we learn.

If you're new to the hobby, which it seems as though you are, then you have yet to gain the confidence that comes from watching a hatchling grow and thrive. The nice thing about this forum is that it's compiled of many people who do have that confidence. A compilation of links is probably one of the best resources you can have when you're wondering about a specific subject because the knowledge and personal experiences of many different members is instantly at your fingertips. There is a LOT of very valuable information on this site which could take a long time to find on your own. When someone sends you a link to it it's a nice little short cut for you. It also takes time for people to search for thread to link you to. It's not like they're "blowing off" your question. Please do not undermine any member for pushing you further into the valuable archives of this forum.

That said, chill out a bit. Try not to take things so personally. After awhile of browsing you'll probably become familiar with who's credible and who's not. Most of the people who regularly post are very knowledable about corns.
I see you've already made good friends with one of them. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Dean's not only a great guy but knows a LOT about corn snakes. I highly value his oppinion. Don't get frustrated. Listen. Well... read. ya know. ;)

Back