• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

room temperature?

Hey John2005, HE does that a-lot ,I have read a lot of pages here and he seems to that ,that's why I don't post anymore ,so don't take it personal, it very easy to ridicule someone behind a keyboard ,so be pre-paired to have tough skin here , especially if he is on patrol,good luck

You'll have to ignore Karl's abruptness lol. He, like many of us, is just a little fed up with how trusting the general public is of pet shop employees with minimal training, and "The pet store told me X," puts him on the immediate defensive. I work at a major chain pet store, and many people seem to think I'm some sort of vet, or at least have equivalent schooling. So we get a lot of arguments when we tell people that the person at Petco or Pets at Home probably doesn't know what they're talking about.

I was in one of the pet shop chains looking for water bowls, and stopped to admire an adult male hypo they had in a 40 gallon tank. A young man was asking if the snake was tame. The clerk, who looked to be about 18 years old said it was a corn snake and corns never bite. I spoke up and said they usually don't bite, but can mistake your fingers for a prey item. The clerk just laughed and said I was wrong, and reached in to pick up the corn, which immediately latched onto her hand. She screamed and pulled both her hand, and the corn, out of the tank. The corn let go of her hand and I grabbed him and put him back in the tank. Her hand was bleeding, the prospective buyer beat a hasty retreat, and I left without buying my bowls.

Back