• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rosy Boas at expos?

We didn't get to see them but I guess there was a pair of some kind of anery Rosy boas at the local Expo this weekend, a friend that was vending told us about them, I'm not sure what locality they might have been but the vendor friend was telling us they were the most awesome Rosys he'd ever seen. We ended up getting a pair of Ghost San Felipes from the vendor that had them but the aneries must have already sold by the time we made it to his table because we didn't see them, I was very disappointed about that, although I also probably didn't need the temptation either!

Probably didn't from the sound of it! Although a part of me wished they had still been there. Haha! I would have wanted to see a photo or something! Definitely gotta make sure now that I get to the expo when they open on the off chance someone is selling some!

I checked to see if you had posted any pictures of your Ghosts and I was so happy you had! They were so pretty! My favorite were the eye pictures- I just love their cute faces!

If your mom doesn't like snakes, a rosy, rubber or sand boa is likely to be less intimidating. Honestly, those little fossorial boas are about as close as you can get to a living toy snake :). Corns are a little more active and less predictable. If I ever find a vendor that actually has a rubber boa for sale, that little guy may end up coming home with me. Not for Alli, the snake nut who got us into it, with me. I love those little fellas!

As far as holding snakes, I know that the reptile ed group we're part of tries to get tables at expos whenever possible (usually depending on if they give free or reduced table space to non-profits-the budget isn't terribly big), and then have volunteers there with snakes to hold/pet as well as information on husbandry and care. Rescues are also often more friendly than breeders (and both tend to have adult snakes as opposed to fragile hatchlings). If you've never held a snake, doing so at one of those tables first might be a good option :).

If your mom doesn't like snakes, a rosy, rubber or sand boa is likely to be less intimidating. Honestly, those little fossorial boas are about as close as you can get to a living toy snake :). Corns are a little more active and less predictable. If I ever find a vendor that actually has a rubber boa for sale, that little guy may end up coming home with me. Not for Alli, the snake nut who got us into it, with me. I love those little fellas!

As far as holding snakes, I know that the reptile ed group we're part of tries to get tables at expos whenever possible (usually depending on if they give free or reduced table space to non-profits-the budget isn't terribly big), and then have volunteers there with snakes to hold/pet as well as information on husbandry and care. Rescues are also often more friendly than breeders (and both tend to have adult snakes as opposed to fragile hatchlings). If you've never held a snake, doing so at one of those tables first might be a good option :).

Thanks for the insight! I've never actually seen pictures of a rubber boa before and I'm kind of afraid to look it up and see. I don't want to find any other cute snakes...at least until I get my first one! Heh!

I'll definitely keep an eye out for a table like that though! It would be great to get some kind of practice with holding them.

Oh, really? Well it was a good thing then that I hadn't looked it up! Thanks for the warning, Nanci! :)

Back