• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ruptured Abscess on Male corn snake.

Update: HE ATE!!! :) Took me rubbing the mouse across nose twice with him striking at it with a very nasty hiss... But he finally took it and swallowed it up!. :)

Wound still looks bad, but I'm continuing to flush it and it seems to very slowly be healing. The infected portion seems to move from the top of the ound to the back of it, but it seems Hydrogen Peroxide baths stave it off faster than just the iodine. I fed him a small mouse so that it wouldn't hurt the wound any. :)

I suggest that you stop using hydrogen peroxide to clean the wound with as many sources say that it actually causes tissue damage and increases the healing time. Just plain water, or a chlorhexidine solution, would be just as good for daily cleansing.

Back