• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shedding

Well, I took the snake out tonite 48hrs after feeding no lumps at all...so not sure if he needs more to eat than the 14g hopper? He is 126g snake.

Had to take him out he finally pooped and peed. Hard to clean because he always burrows down to the glass under the aspen and just sits there. He does look like he is shedding.

Took him out and put him in 76 degree water and did my best to wipe him off so got him clean as water can get him. He didn't love it but didn't hate it. Mellow snake I got to say I really enjoy the temperament of this snake.

As I was putting him back in, I held him over the water bowl because he isn't drinking water he just sits at the bottom of the glass under the aspen. He drank water for what seemed a real long time.

I am hoping the drinking of the water and the quick bath will help his shed.

Anyway thanks for all the tips

David

Yeah, they tend to drink when you go to put them back. my theory is that they were napping or relaxing when you go to take them out during the day and haven't really woken up yet. Then they realize that they're thirsty and drink.

Well he was shedding, that's why he was burying himself. He shed 2 days ago on Monday. It looks like everything came off well and I don't see anything still stuck on so thats good. He isn't burying himself anymore and is staying under hides now. So that explains alot. He eats good, as soon as I get the mouse in there he starts going to town (frozen/thawed) I really like this snake hes growin on me. I almost bought a baby kingsnake I like the look of those.

Back