• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show Off Your Amels!!!

Malaika

Sonno Eterno
Hey all!

My only cornsnake, Isha, is a hatchling Amel. I'd like to see YOUR amels to get an idea of what he is going to look like when he gets bigger!

Plus I LOVE amel pics...*^-^*

Thanks so much!

~Malaika

PS-sorry the second shot is blurry--ALL of them turned out that way :cry: I have alot of learning to do when it comes to photographing Isha!

Attachments

• Small 1.jpg
    Small 1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 802
  • Small 4.jpg
    Small 4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 800
:(

Now i want an amel...... :(

Your's looks great!

I don't yet have any amels but they are great looking and your specimen is a great example!

This is my little girl right after I got her she climbed up on her rock and posed for me

Attachments

• snake 0031.bmp
    138.1 KB · Views: 805
This is my '06 female. She's naughty. She escaped over the weekend and then climbed through the couch cushions to bite my dog on the nose. :grin01:

Attachments

• 100_1313.jpg
    100_1313.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 797
  • 100_1327.jpg
    100_1327.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 792
  • 100_1311.jpg
    100_1311.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 793
Is normal considered an amel?? Well here is Maize just in case..sorry if I'm wrong..I'm still learning.. :grin01:

pets031-1.jpg

"Amel" is short for "amelanistic" (lacking melanin). Melanin is responsible for the black pigment on the normals. Amels look similar to normals, except that they don't have any black on their bodies and they have pink/red eyes. Your normal is just a classic normal, not an amel. Beautiful snake though! :)

ah yes..I see what you mean now...alright thank you for the tip :0) Now I have memorized anery, normal, and Miami...only several 100 more to go..lol...j/k :grin01:

Here's my adult, Fred:
Fred.jpg

and my yungin', Monty (actually, not that young, but took awhile to get eating good):
Monty_Closeup.jpg

Captaincaveman's snake looks like a Miami to me...but hey...I'm usually wrong about these kind of things...but does anyone else think it looks like a Miami or am I standing alone on this one?? :shrugs:

Maize411 said:
Captaincaveman's snake looks like a Miami to me...but hey...I'm usually wrong about these kind of things...but does anyone else think it looks like a Miami or am I standing alone on this one?? :shrugs:

I think your standing alone.. Looks more like a reverse okeetee than a miami..

Miami..

kyanite2-11-07(2).jpg

Amel of sorts..

sediment4-22-07(4).jpg

Maybe you were thinking of a Candy Cane.. :shrugs: :shrugs: ?????

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back