• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show Off Your Amels!!!

I would say with out a dobut it is a miami . The miami corns with thick borders in the wild it is quite common

Finch..I think she may be...

This is my favorite of all our amels...I think that she is going to turn out a candy cane. Her name is Finch.

Attachments

• Finch.jpg
    Finch.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 367
TandJ said:
I think your standing alone.. Looks more like a reverse okeetee than a miami..

Miami..

kyanite2-11-07(2).jpg

Amel of sorts..

sediment4-22-07(4).jpg

Maybe you were thinking of a Candy Cane.. :shrugs: :shrugs: ?????

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Its a weird amel, its looks abit candy cane but you can see the oranges coming through, but its not got wide enough banding to be a good RO and its covered in sort of opaque scales in many areas where white would be(look at centre of head), thats why i call it an amel, cause it doesn't seem close enough to either candy or RO, the breeder called it a reverse amel???? but he also produces reverse okeetees and candy canes, so i dont understand why this was named reverse amel???

Well, it's DEFINITELY NOT a Miami!!! lol Miamis have dark eyes for a start, not pink or red!!! lol

It certainly is a most unusual amel CaptainCaveman! But very pretty.

Will load pics of my little horrors in a bit! lol

My various Amels...

Streaky - amel stripe
10.jpg

Raphael - Fluorescent Red Amel
cid_Image009-1.jpg

What he will look like when he is bigger...(this is his mom! lol)
Fl.jpg

Donna - Fluorescent Red "reverse Okeetee" (possible "new type" that still has to be tested but so far the Fluorescent reds breed true to colour EVERY time!!! lol) She has lots of white in her borders. :) Genetically she is 3/4 RO...so we shall see...lol
D14.jpg

morphs confuse me...the only ones I seem to know on sight are lavenders, anery and normals...possibly a blizzard even though I mix them up with snows...aarrghhh...there's to many to memorize on sight..I give props to you guys for knowing all of them so well..If and when I ever do get a reptile shop started I might have to come to you guys with pics just so I can identify all my selling pets correctly...heh... :bang:

Morphs

I'm exactly the same way. I think identifying morphs gets stronger with experience. I'm a new snake owner but an obsessive researcher, so I can identify a few snakes, but with the more unique morphs(gold dust, lava, etc) I just have to take the breeder's word for it. :) Study the picture gallery threads long enough and you'll be able to start identifying morphs!

Another Question!

I have another question. Do all amel hatchlings turn more orange as they grow? Or do they get more white? Or does it just depend on the individual corn?

Malaika said:
I have another question. Do all amel hatchlings turn more orange as they grow? Or do they get more white? Or does it just depend on the individual corn?

depends what your definition of amel is, candy canes are amel's but have no orange(in true ones), with "normal" amels they usually go more orange as they age

Amels are the morph i struggle with the most, i can spot candy's and Ro's but i struggle with some of the others, eg how much or little white around saddles before they fit into another catagory

05' Male Amel, Phinius when I first got him
6a216694.jpg

05' Male Amel Phinius Now
phin1.jpg

phin5.jpg

06' Male Amel Bloodred 'Fire', Lazarus when I first got him
F044-07M.jpg

06' Male Amel Bloodred 'Fire', Lazarus Now
f4.jpg

Heres Ruby... Full stripe Amel.... Im waiting on eggs from her shes mated to my Hypo Lav male :)
Den

Attachments

• Rubytong1106.jpg
    Rubytong1106.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 366
Amels vary greatly on their range of colouration.. Which is probably true of all corn snake morphs..

Another Amel of ours.. I would say sunglo, but being a stripe, some might consider it a sunlog.. *snickers*

river4-22-07(7).jpg

Regards.. Tim of T and J

These are all great pictures everyone. Here are a couple of our Amels. "Simon" '02 and "Winston" '06 Motley.
Jay :cool:

Attachments

• Simon2.jpg
    Simon2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Winston_shed.jpg
    Winston_shed.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 337
I got an amel last friday!

WoooOOOOOoooo!

he's 2 years old. And very un-photgenic, compared to my classic. I took a million pictures, only liked 6 of them >_>

5mbinhand.jpg

beautiful!

Absolutely GORGEOUS snakes! I hope that Isha turns out as beautiful! I wish there were a way to tell exactly how a hatchling would turn out. :grin01:

Back