• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show off your vivarium

Love that! Were the LED lights easy to install, are they on a regular plug?

Yes and yes! Super easy. Just had to drill a little hole in the PVC and and all worked out. They stick reaaalllly well too.

However, my pictures are gone! :O Where did they go!? :(

I was wondering that too! I was sad when I couldn't see your setup, but didn't say anything because I wondered if it could be a browser problem on my end.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

OOOOOooooo, thanks, I like that idea of using it but the thought of RI scares me. I may try to research this further

If you go through the reviews on my link, that should give you a starting point. I think those RI problems are mostly small-animal related, but I'd do the same if I were weighing the options. I haven't read of any problems with it here on the forum, so that may be in your favor.

(Take two)

1497671_10153682485600313_1469998069_n.jpg

I can only upload a photo from my Facebook apparently... but now the cords are all tied back behind the legs of the table, and things are more put together. But you get the idea!

Awesome! Do you cycle the lighting in there?

Cycle it how? I just have it on white most of the time to be honest. In the evenings I'll change it to red, so it doesn't bother the snakes and I can still view them. It's not on a timer though, I just manually change the colours.
Every once in awhile I go crazy and put it on blue or some sort of yellow/green ;)

1964830_10152317587341081_105648598_n.jpg

1970708_10152317586371081_169955480_n.jpg

The substrate is terry towels covered with fleece. My girl has a permanent respiratory scarring, causing her to open mouth breath a lot, and I don't want to have her accidently swallow bedding. The fabric is great, because I can just throw it in the wash with vinegar and its clean! I change the terry towels out every other day, and the fleece as needed.

This is the first of 3 that are being made Buddeh just likes it basic. But I am going to add a large climbing branch with an under stumped area as a hide once I am finished with the the killing, drying and heating of it. Try and take away his DC shoe box he just curls up in the middle of the tank and looks like he sulks
viv3.jpg

viv2.jpg

viv1.jpg

viv5.jpg

viv4.jpg

I love the terrarium. I've not seen anything quite like this - did you have it custom made?

Cycle it how? I just have it on white most of the time to be honest. In the evenings I'll change it to red, so it doesn't bother the snakes and I can still view them. It's not on a timer though, I just manually change the colours.
Every once in awhile I go crazy and put it on blue or some sort of yellow/green ;)
I didn't get to reply before I had to "go dark" for the semester (go offline to focus on studies and research), but yes, that's exactly what I wondered. Thanks for the info! I look into non-heat-emitting nighttime light options off and on...one of these days I'll get that done. :)

I love the terrarium. I've not seen anything quite like this - did you have it custom made?

That is pretty amazing! I love the visibility. Looks like a glass or acrylic custom enclosure to me...and it definitely gives me ideas.

Back