• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Size and regurging

It's been four days ago now and no signs of any problems. I guess we were feeding her pinkies that were too big. We'll stick to the tiny ones for now and see how it goes.

I'm glad to hear that she kept the last one down! My Ash is about the size of Creeper, he's been on one pinky every 4th or 5th day but lately I've noticed he crams them down quicker then I can say cheese, so last night I fed him 2 pinkys for the first time, he ate them really fast. Hopefully he didn't just eat with his eyes. I was planning on bumping my little one up to fuzzys but after this thread I'm not sure, maybe I should wait a bit with that and just feed him the largest pinkys I can find. Got 4 mediumsized left now and if he's ok with the doublefeed I'll give him the remaining ones double too.

Glad to hear that Creeper!

Vegas, you'd be surprised at what they can handle. LOL But, I've always done it the way you are doing now. I bump them up to 2 of whatever size I'm feeding at the time if they are looking for more. I do that for a few feedings (or more depending on how many I have left). And then I go to the next size up. However, you will notice that the size of fuzzies varies greatly from source to source. I ordered fuzzies for my '04s after they had been on 2 lg pinks for awhile, and when they arrived they were HUGE! More like the size of a hopper. There was no way they could eat them. So.....I ordered "peach fuzzies". Bigger than lg pinkies, but not so much so that they couldn't eat them without risking a regurge. www.rodentpro.com has a comparison pic next to each size they sell. That's where I ordered my peach fuzzies from. If you do order from them, make a note on your payment that you want them vacuum packed in smaller packs. It will save you money from losing them to freezer burn. :wavey:

Thx for the reply JTGoff69! problem with ordering mice is that I live in sweden, I usually order from the closest petstore that house reptiles. VERY expensive but that's my only option except from buying from private breeders. Which is an option too but I need to find some good breeder relatively close. I think Ash should be on either large pinkys or those peach fuzzys. I think the ones I feed him now are small-medium pinkys. I called the petshop 2 days ago and he told me atm he only has small pinks and large fuzzys but he'll get a rodentdelivery at monday so I'll call back then.
Oh and sorry for hi-jacking your thread Creeper. :(

Vegas said:
Thx for the reply JTGoff69! problem with ordering mice is that I live in sweden,
Oh and sorry for hi-jacking your thread Creeper. :(

Note to self: Look at member's location before replying. :dunce:

You might look into breeding your own if you could swing it.

I apologize too Creeper, keep us updated, I want to hear that she keeps her next meal down as well. :)

Hehe yeah, well so far I only have one snake so until/if I get more I will keep buying them.
Yeah, keep us posted Creeper!

JTGoff69 said:
You might look into breeding your own if you could swing it.

I've given up trying to convince my bf that I want to breed my own mice again...he values the balcony too much...Maybe I'll try it out again on him next year.. sorry I'm hyjacking too!

Back