• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake eating a fish pics

Billybobob said:
From your post it seems like you know that this thread is a year old. So my Question is why bring it back? I don't think any one is sill looking for a reply to this one. :sidestep: :cheers:
Who cares? I thought it was interesting anyway....if we weren't supposed to look at or reply to old posts, then they'd all be locked or deleted after a certain amount of time :shrugs:

I'm a big fan of northerns myself, so it was of interest to me too :grin01:, and i sure don't remember seeing it a year ago.

I saw a big northern wrestle an eel out of the water onto shore some years back. The eel was about the same size as the snake, but that bad boy subdued the eel and swallowed it not ten feet from where i was fishing. Neat snakes, one of these days I'll break down and set up a cage for one.

there is nothing wrong with looking at old post but most on this forum don't like it when people bring back old post that are not necessary to bring back. Do a search on "old thread" or the "foul art of necromancy" and you will see what i am talking about. I just think it would have been better to start a new thread, but with the topic of fish eating snakes and there poop most would ignore it. :cheers:

Some ancient threads are more appropriately resurrected than others. Replies to years-old 'For Sale' forum threads, or responses to questions posted two years ago aren't cool. But this thread was interesting, and the resurrection reply was on topic, so I think it's cool. Some forums strongly encourage the use of old threads over opening new ones on the same topics. This forum seems to lean the other way.

My $.02 (I know... who cares?)

Nifty. I've seen water snakes, but I've never seen them corral and eat fish. Most of the ones I've seen were in the shallows among the grass, so I just figured they were hunting frogs. Nasty tempered snakes. But I guess they have to be ill tempered if they should happen to swallow fish backwards, kind of how swallowing a french fry the wrong way hurts I guess. =P

Well said Dean! I'd much rather people tack on a related experience to an older thread than starting up a whole new one. Ernie had to have done a search to find this one for sure.

Not to mention it'd save time for the hapless victim when BBB tells someone to do the infamous search. More information on one thread, than 15 threads about the same darn thing. :rolleyes:

Billybobob said:
there is nothing wrong with looking at old post but most on this forum don't like it when people bring back old post that are not necessary to bring back. Do a search on "old thread" or the "foul art of necromancy" and you will see what i am talking about. I just think it would have been better to start a new thread, but with the topic of fish eating snakes and there poop most would ignore it. :cheers:

I don't think your perspective on this is wrong, or invalid. Each of us probably has some ideal we hold in our minds of how this board should work and be organized. Unfortunately, these ideals will rarely be the same from member to member. Expressing your opinion about this wasn't a bad thing. :)

But I'm way off-topic here. Let's get back to the fishy-poop talk. ;)

Back