• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake eggs are not hatching

f1s2b3

Good afternoon!
I have two batches of eggs that were laid on 5/23/24 and 5/24 24 respectively that I placed in the same container using moist vermiculite and Perlite (organic). The room temperature fluctuates from 80 in the morning to 82 degrees in the afternoon. It has been 70 days since they were laid and not even one hatched out. The eggs still look good. Should I cut an slit to help them out? Any information or suggestion from people who had first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• snake eggs_170858.jpg
    snake eggs_170858.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like your temps are OK (but ever so slightly on the low side). I'd give them another couple days at least. I incubate everything at exactly 82F for the entire time and I've had clutches that went 72-73 days and then hatched out just fine. I've heard of longer incubation periods for eggs that are kept on the cool side. Patience :)

I wouldn't cut until they've started pipping on their own. I've had clutches go past 70 days when temps are a little cooler.

I have a clutch that was laid on 5/17 and has been incubated between 80 and 82 degrees that just started pipping on day 72. I have a clutch that was laid on 5/18, just one day later, placed into the same incubator... and it is currently on day 77 with no pips. It will hatch when it when it hatches.

They start hatching out. It seems like an Abbott Okeetee and a palmetto.......

Attachments

• Snake eggs hatching 20240805_061707.jpg
    Snake eggs hatching 20240805_061707.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 5
Congrats! I'm still waiting on my clutch from 5/18

What were the parents? Abbott okeetee is a specific lineage- if neither parent was an abbott okeetee then the babies aren't either.

Thanks. The mother is Abbott Okeetee and the father is reverse.... I acquired both of them from Lee Abbott at the Daytona .... 2021...

Attachments

• Abbott okeetee.jpg
    Abbott okeetee.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Reverse Okeetee.jpg
    Reverse Okeetee.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 0
Congrats! I'm still waiting on my clutch from 5/18

What were the parents? Abbott okeetee is a specific lineage- if neither parent was an abbott okeetee then the babies aren't either.
I acquired them from Tom Harbin 2020. Male is Het Albino and the female is Het Albino and Het Anery

Attachments

• Female Palmetto.jpg
    Female Palmetto.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Male palmetto.jpg
    Male palmetto.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 1
Do you have the two clutches mixed together???
I mean, they'll be easy to tell apart but part of my confusion was a supposed okeetee and a palmetto being from the same clutch

Congrats! Please post a pic of your babies when they are all out :).
Hey see these beautiful snake Hatchlings Coming Out from Eggs.
snake egg clutch

Click this, and learn more about Snake Eggs and their Babies.

Back