• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snake "training"

Yeah...mine HATES baths so I usually reserve that "punishment" (he thinks) for when he smells from going through his own poop (dumb snake..) or if he's having shed problems. NOt all that often.

Iris said:
I've read some posts about people who've trained their corns to poop other stuff.
What other stuff can you train them to poop? How about money? Wish mine could poop THAT! Heh..

Actually, MY money is on the bathing trick. (That's my two cents)

snake bath?

Sheri said:
I always give my snake a bath at about 48 hours,,,,,,if she had a larger meal then I'll wait till about 60-72 hours then bathe her,,,,she poops every time in the bath,,,,,,,,,,no muss no fuss,,,,,,,and the bath is good for her too. She's never pooped in her tank this way.

Lucky so far I guess,,,,,,,,,

Sheri =o)

How do you give your snake a bath? I have never given mine a bath. Let me know:)

:p haha, is there some snake bubblebath I can buy for mine? Bath oils, maybe?

Just kidding. Actually, since settling in a bit my snake seems to have found a place in her waterbowl. Maybe I'll try the bath idea..

Most of mine seem to defecate behind their hides. Dunno why. If it were me, it'd be at the furthest point from where I sit all day. =P

I put my snake in the bath tub today. She started swimming around. Then she lifted up her tail just like a dog would lift it's leg. hehehe. It looked really funny!

Bath Tub~~~~~~:~

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting my snakes in the bath tub because I have always been afraid of any soap residue, ajax etc. They have their own bath that has never been touched by any soap products, just warm water bleach and rinse, rinse rinse....... Yes they are spoiled and I am parnoid, but I know that a lot of people do the bath tub rountine with no worries or problems, maybe it's because I'm not that good at cleaning my bathtub, yuck!!lol. Sam ~~~~~~~:~

ronlina... haha, is there some snake bubblebath I can buy for mine? Bath oils, maybe?
I do use flax seed oils and vit. e oils on their skin. Not everyday or anything, but around shed time about every 6 - 8 weeks a little oil massage for the brats~~~~~:~

One thing to mention for those of you who give your snake baths...You should always use a thermometer to measure the water temperature before putting the snake in. If the water feels warm to you, then it is going to feel HOT to your snake. The bath water should only be around 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit.

Really~~~~~:~

That sounded a little high to me, I think mine are usually around 70 - 75, but I'm just doing a "mothers" guess. What ever the temp is that I do use, they seem to like, any warmer or cooler they bolt. I'll have to actually take the temp to see what it is. Thanks Terri..Hope all is well~~~~~~:~

I should clarify my temps...that is the high end of the range. The water can be a little cooler, but not too cold. I am not sure about the coolest it should be, but I'd say around normal room temp.

Back