• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snow?

[Bad.Luck.Bear]

Knowledge Seeker
Hello,
This is my 3.5 year old Snow corn Poppy. As of a year and half I've thought Poppy was a BubbleGum Snow and thought nothing else of it. However since finding this forum a little bit of time ago I have seen other snakes that look much more like her and are called something else. Apon research on these kinds I have found they look nothing alike! I'm all turned upside down and figured you guys wouldn't mind helping me out.
Ok, now for the pictures.
Not the best of pictures but I believe it does good enough.
MyBabies007.jpg

MyBabies005.jpg

MyBabies003.jpg

If these are not quite what you need please feel free to tell me and I'll takemore outside to see if I get better results.

She looks like a nice snow. She looks like she has quite a bit of pink coloration, so maybe some would call her "bubblegum snow". I don't think there's really a standard for "bubblegum". If she was mine, I'd probably just call her a snow. :)

Roy Munson said:
She looks like a nice snow. She looks like she has quite a bit of pink coloration, so maybe some would call her "bubblegum snow". I don't think there's really a standard for "bubblegum". If she was mine, I'd probably just call her a snow. :)
yeah it would just be nice to know since I'd like to breed her :spinner: .

Those are much better photos. :) But she still looks like a standard snow. Even if you found the most amazing neon-pink male snow to breed with her, there would be no guarantee that her offspring would be very pink. Most snows look nearly identical at hatching anyway.

Roy Munson said:
Those are much better photos. :) But she still looks like a standard snow. Even if you found the most amazing neon-pink male snow to breed with her, there would be no guarantee that her offspring would be very pink. Most snows look nearly identical at hatching anyway.
Thank you, that helps greatly. So you believe shes just a standard? That seems most likely because she does look the most like those under the simple name of snow.
Thank you SO much. I've been fretting over it for about a week now and just got off my butt to take the pictures.
and Thanks I think their much better too :laugh: .

Yep, I believe she's a standard snow. Here's a pic of a snow I hatched that just shed for the first time. Pretty pink, huh? But it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out LESS pink than your girl. Throwing a "specialty" label (e.g., "bubblegum") on a young snow can be iffy business.

Attachments

• 07c04 fs (1).JPG
    07c04 fs (1).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 99
Roy Munson said:
Yep, I believe she's a standard snow. Here's a pic of a snow I hatched that just shed for the first time. Pretty pink, huh? But it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out LESS pink than your girl. Throwing a "specialty" label (e.g., "bubblegum") on a young snow can be iffy business.
yeah, I know what you mean. I've seen susans babies and quite a few of the others and they all are very very pink however they just call them coral snows or just snows.
By the way I see no picture :laugh: .

Howler said:
XD She's very beautiful, a curious little diva from her pictures :laugh: Love her coloring though.
I think she's shy, I have to coo at her like a baby to get her to stay kind of still long enough for me to snap the picture! :laugh:

maybe a pink and green snow?? does she have green around her saddles? cause I know when I photograph my pink and green i can never get his green markings.

maegann said:
maybe a pink and green snow?? does she have green around her saddles? cause I know when I photograph my pink and green i can never get his green markings.
No, afraid there is no green anywhere. Just pink, yellow, and white.

She's still a nice snow. Of course, I'm biased, snows are one of my favorite morphs. My very first corn was a female snow. :D

Jenn

Mrs InsaneOne said:
She's still a nice snow. Of course, I'm biased, snows are one of my favorite morphs. My very first corn was a female snow. :D

Jenn
Thank you! and really? She's my very first snow and now I also have a very big soft spot for snows! I also very much enjoy the ghosts.

[Bad.Luck.Bear] said:
Thank you! and really? She's my very first snow and now I also have a very big soft spot for snows! I also very much enjoy the ghosts.
Really, really... We've had her for about 3 1/2 yrs now... closer to four I think. She gave us a nice clutch of amels and snows last year and we're waiting for this year's clutch to hatch.

And yep, ghosts are great too, as are striped corns. :bounce:

Jenn

I should say that we've got four snows in the collection right now too. Two males and two females. I'm hoping for a nice female from this year's clutch so I can keep it. All of the males from last year were males.

Mrs InsaneOne said:
I should say that we've got four snows in the collection right now too. Two males and two females. I'm hoping for a nice female from this year's clutch so I can keep it. All of the males from last year were males.
Yeah, I'd like to breed my baby with a ghost. However she's already 3.5 years old and I can't breed her for another year and a half when I finally get to move out and everyones telling me to get a baby male! I don't want to have to wait till Poppy can't have healthy babies anymore!

Back