• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Soon to be snake owner

What a gorgeous snake! I love love the colouring :) When I got my hatchling, I left him alone for 7 days before feeding him. I was a little worried as well, he went about 10 days without a feeding, but when I did feed him he was really calm and ate like a champ :) I feel it was the right thing to do!

She was poking her head out of the warm hide just now. Exciting!

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll hold off on defrosting the pinkies for a week then. Good thing I'm on this forum :)

You guys weren't kidding when you said they were escape artists! I found her climbing the wire of her thermostat probe last night.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 41
You picked a great place to get your first snake; Don's Extreme Okeetees are beautiful, as proven by your pics.

lil OT but you are the first DC native I can remember joining CS. I just did a delivery (I'm an air freight delivery driver) to the Library of Congress Wed. past. Welcome to CS.com :)

First feeding was today. She did not need any prompting-she went right for the pinkie and gobbled it right up!

Attachments

• IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 25
^^ hatchling poop is really nothing, you my even find it hard to find in the wood shavings..
it's that small! lol and its has no smell. ;)

But don't you worry that soon changes.. my boys on hoppers now, and you can't miss the poop, or miss the smell!!! aha! its pretty gross, but its tottaly worth it. :eek:

he's my buddy <3

Back