• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Striped Anery Striped Tesseras

Camby

He will join us or die
A holdback 2012 male, we hatched 3 male anery striped tesseras, this was just the best looking one. Not best pic, I'll get better ones over the weekend. This is 2 days after first sshed and fed.

Second is a normal striped tesseras holdback female from the same clutch. She is het anery and both are het dilute. Dad was a dilute anery motley (blue motley).

dc

Attachments

• st_anery_tess.jpg
    st_anery_tess.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 173
  • st_tess.jpg
    st_tess.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 171
To be honest I think they look too much like regular stripes again... none the less very beautiful ones!

To be honest I think they look too much like regular stripes again... none the less very beautiful ones!

I understand, kind of like the old saying "to each their own". Tesseras pretty much just clean up everything they touch it seems so the striped versions are just the best looking stripes. This is the first group of tesseras that I have hatched where all of them have complete stripes from head to toe...er tail

dc

I definitely see a difference between normal stripes & Tessera Stripes. I like Tessera Stripes much better.
And yes, the Tessera gene definitely cleans things up, even on the "normal" siblings.
The Tessera gene is my favorite, of all of them!

I have to be honest, its looks very much like a normal stripe to me too. I have seen tessera stripes, and they were different to this one.

Ok, then I guess we hatched 4 stripes and none of them are tesseras. The only tesseras in the clutch would be normal tesseras. I am assuming your comments were applicable to both snakes pictured and you think neither is a tessera?

In your opinion, what is the "marker(s)" that concretely identifies a striped tessera? My opinion is based on having two proven adult striped tesseras and these babies patterns looking exactly like that of their striped tessera parent. I have produced probably 50 striped type corns this season and not one single striped corn has had the perfect striping from head to tip of tail like this clutch. Maybe better pics would make a difference...shrug? I am a terrible photographer though so maybe not.

Not arguing, but really interested in your opinion on how to determine. Like I said, these look like the mom (she is not anery, just striped tessera) and by your comment above, she then would not qualify to be a striped tessera, however, she has produced tesseras two years running now. Thanks for the information.

dc

For me, I have to say neither... But, i am certainlt no authority on tesseras. If you have a look on one of the morph sites at striped tesseras, you will see what i mean. As i say, i could be wrong, and hope i am for you.

I would contact DonS. Personally, looking at Don's Striped Tessera's, I would definitely call the first pic a Striped Tessera. The second one may or may not be.
Don would be the one to ask.
I don't rely on Ian's Vivarium as heavily, I trust Don's opinion more.
I think that the main pics on Ian's are entered to the best of his knowledge, but the pics added by registered users are not necessarily verified.

Edit to add: I've not had any Tessera Stripes myself, I'm just going by what I see.

Last edited:
I would contact DonS. Perrsonally, looking at Don's Striped Tessera's, I would definitely call the first pic a Striped Tessera. The second one may or may not be.
Don would be the one to ask.
I don't rely on Ian's Vivarium as heavily, I trust Don's opinion more.
I think that the main pics on Ian's are entered to the best of his knowledge, but the pics added by registered users are not necessarily verified.

Edit to add: I've not had any Tessera Stripes myself, I'm just going by what I see.

Hi all sorry to hijack with pics..... Two of the striped tessera on IV are mine. They are both from Don.

Camby I would say yours ( in my opinion) are definately tessera stripe. I agree that tessera stripe can look a little like a very good pinstripe, Only tessera stripe have a much better more defined stripe..!!

tesserastriped2.jpg

This is Karen one of our striped tessera

Hi all sorry to hijack with pics..... Two of the striped tessera on IV are mine. They are both from Don.

Camby I would say yours ( in my opinion) are definately tessera stripe. I agree that tessera stripe can look a little like a very good pinstripe, Only tessera stripe have a much better more defined stripe..!!

tesserastriped2.jpg

I should clarify...my comment about IV was not speficically about this morph, but in general.
Very pretty!
Don makes beautiful snakes!!

I am convinced it is a striped anery tessera. I will try and get more pics of the normal colored striped tesseras, but here are a few pics of the striped anery. Oh and he is as light as it appears in the pics. The stripe down it's back is not light gray, it is blank white. Really cool little guy. BTW, there are 2 different striped anery tesseras in there.

dc

Attachments

• daryl3 (768 x 576).jpg
    daryl3 (768 x 576).jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 47
  • daryl5 (768 x 576).jpg
    daryl5 (768 x 576).jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 46
  • daryl6 (768 x 576).jpg
    daryl6 (768 x 576).jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 48

tesserastriped2.jpg

Very nice looking snake, we have one that looks really similar. She is a SMR animal.

dc

I am convinced it is a striped anery tessera. I will try and get more pics of the normal colored striped tesseras, but here are a few pics of the striped anery. Oh and he is as light as it appears in the pics. The stripe down it's back is not light gray, it is blank white. Really cool little guy. BTW, there are 2 different striped anery tesseras in there.

dc

Wow they are really light!!!!!
What were the matings?? Is it also possible motley is in the mix?? mind you I have two anery tessera ( siblings) one is so dark the other light almost like yours!!!
Are they het dilute ones???

Very stunning hatchlings
Sorry lots of questions

Wow they are really light!!!!!
What were the matings?? Is it also possible motley is in the mix?? mind you I have two anery tessera ( siblings) one is so dark the other light almost like yours!!!
Are they het dilute ones???

Very stunning hatchlings
Sorry lots of questions

Yes, motley is in the mix. I won't know until it is bred and proven out, but I hatched two suspected motley tesseras also. The only thing I have to base this opinion on is the photo on Don's site labled MOtley Tessera. The pattern is a near identical match to Don's photo, but I wouldn't sell it as such until proven out in breedings. SO, guess I have a few more holdbacks from this clutch for now.

Here is a pic of the suspected male anery motley tessera. There was a normal male motely tessera.

The parents were a striped tessera het anery x dilute anery motley (blue motley). I really am pleased with this clutch outcome. Thanks for the comments

dc

Attachments

• daryl4 (768 x 576).jpg
    daryl4 (768 x 576).jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 40
Back