• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Suspected Ghost Tessera?

Camby

He will join us or die
I had no idea anery was lurking in the striped tessera female I used. The dad was a visual anery & charcaol het amel, mom was a striped tesserra (really red) and ph amel. The female produced a small clutch of eggs but I had 2 normals, 2 aneries and 2 suspected ghosts. Now I have to test breed both parents to hypo types down the road.

I tried getting pics of the normal patterned anery with the suspected ghost but no chance for me. This guy is realy light compared to the "other aneries" in the clutch. Either way, it is an anery type of some sort and it is a tessera so time will tell exactly what it is. The iris is not really as dark as it appears in this pic, I am just a terrible photographer.

dc

Attachments

• susp_ghost.jpg
    susp_ghost.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 381
Congratulations! Just going by my experience with anery, hypo and the motley and stripe genes, I would say that you have hatched out an anery tessera and not a ghost tessera. As light as you think it looks, a ghost would most likely be much much lighter. I would say that the tessera gene has the same affect on color as motley and stripe by lightening it a bit from the normal pattern and color, hence your query.

Can't wait to see this one grow up. Mine is still too young to breed for another two years. Does anyone have a list of what morphs we think we have so far in Tessera?

Congratulations! Just going by my experience with anery, hypo and the motley and stripe genes, I would say that you have hatched out an anery tessera and not a ghost tessera. As light as you think it looks, a ghost would most likely be much much lighter. I would say that the tessera gene has the same affect on color as motley and stripe by lightening it a bit from the normal pattern and color, hence your query.

It may very well be a light colored anery. Breeding trials will prove or disprove it down the road.

Thanks for the congratulations.

Updated Pic

This little guy hates to be still so this is the best opportunity I had. He really is almost white for his ground color. At this point I have decided to just assume it is an anery. Problem is he won't eat even live pinks. The hard work start now for getting him to eat I guess. Hopefully he will eat soon.

dc

Attachments

• unk_tess.jpg
    unk_tess.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 100
New Pic

Still not a great photagrapher, but you get the idea. He is super light colored and still a really picky eater.

dc

Attachments

• anery tessera_2.jpg
    anery tessera_2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 80
Back