• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Suspected Ghost Tessera?

Thanks to everyone. He will be a looker as an adult.

hope he eats for u soon . he sure is stunning

He eats now, just really picky. He has only eaten 1 ft meal, all the rest are live. I hate to feed live but if that is what it takes to keep this guy and his mate going, then so be it.

dc

He eats now, just really picky. He has only eaten 1 ft meal, all the rest are live. I hate to feed live but if that is what it takes to keep this guy and his mate going, then so be it.

dc

If it meant keeping him going I would feed him steak. :D

That's a handsome fella for sure.

Sweet little guy! He looks pretty dark to me as well. Do you have any comparison pictures between him and the others? If he's on the lighter end the darker Anerys must be REALLY dark!!

It will be really cool watching him progress, he's already made some nice progress! Congrats on hatching this beauty out. What a nice surprise! :dancer:

Sweet little guy! He looks pretty dark to me as well. Do you have any comparison pictures between him and the others? If he's on the lighter end the darker Anerys must be REALLY dark!!

It will be really cool watching him progress, he's already made some nice progress! Congrats on hatching this beauty out. What a nice surprise! :dancer:

I only produced one like him but I do have an "anery" female normal pattern I kept back. I'll try and get a pic of her, she is much darker, really high contrast.

Thanks for the compliments

dc

Best comparrison pic I could get today. The female in this pic is a full sibling and you can see the big difference in coloration. Maybe it is just the fact that the pattern is so different and makes them look drastically different?

dc

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 49
Maybe it is just the fact that the pattern is so different and makes them look drastically different?

dc

Or the added Tessera gene. That makes sense to me considering that many of the pattern altering genes - motley, stripe, diffused (IMO) lighten up a snake a lot in comparison to the "normal" version of the gene.

I though Tessera is known for not lightening colors? Mayeb the Tessera is a male and the other aneries are females, males tend to be lighter than females in aneries.

I see a lot of similarity between the tessera and the female anery sibling in the pic just posted. The pattern is different but the colors are the same. I would personally expect a ghost tessera to be lighter, but there are dark ghosts out there too. A breeding trial is the only way to know for sure. The anery tessera is definitely different looking than a striped anery would be. It kind of reminds me a little of some of the striped cali kings. Very cool morph.

Wow!! that is a awesome looking corn you have I love it!! the color and pattern just takes my breath away lol 2 thumbs up for you. ;):dancer:

I see a lot of similarity between the tessera and the female anery sibling in the pic just posted. The pattern is different but the colors are the same. I would personally expect a ghost tessera to be lighter, but there are dark ghosts out there too. A breeding trial is the only way to know for sure. The anery tessera is definitely different looking than a striped anery would be. It kind of reminds me a little of some of the striped cali kings. Very cool morph.

I think I said in an earlier post that I was leaning more towards it only being an anery and not a ghost. I agree with all that have stated tessera maybe causing the lightening affect, however, I have never seen an anery of any morph witha truly white ground coloration. It isn't a light gray, it is white and gets more stark white with each shed. Either way, definitely one of the favorites I have ever produced, resembles no other anery I have ever produced or seen in person and I look forward to him growing up.

dc

Terrific morph! I really hope the ground stays stark white as that would make the anery tessera extra special! Even better would be a line that didn't lighten up as much (not that there is anything wrong with light anerys, but dark black stripes on a stark white ground would be the ultimate).

Back