• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Swimming

Corn snakes (and other rat snakes) do occasionally swim in the wild, but usually it is for a purpose.

[...]

I suspect (don't know, but would love to hear) that corns provided with adequate humidity chambers will soak in their water dish less often.

I would suspect so as well. That makes a lot of sense as to why I don't see him soaking in the bowl. I keep it pretty humid. Maybe that's all the moisture he needs because he sure does love it when I mist down his viv :)

Since the thread was started one of mine has started swimming on a regular basis. Doree, the butter who was the only one I'd previously seen in the water at all, started getting in her dish on a regular basis. I decided to try offering her a shallow pan of water, and she seems to really enjoy an afternoon dip. She submerges completely, swims around, and generally gets her exercise.

This has had an interesting side effect, in that it's gotten my husband more interested in the snakes. He's been quite tolerant, but they've definitely been my project. Now he's intrigued by them as personalities.

Nothing has changed as far a husbandry. None of the others are at all interested in swimming. I'm not sure why this happened, but I get a kick out of watching what the kids call my "swimmy snake."

Since the thread was started one of mine has started swimming on a regular basis. Doree, the butter who was the only one I'd previously seen in the water at all, started getting in her dish on a regular basis. I decided to try offering her a shallow pan of water, and she seems to really enjoy an afternoon dip. She submerges completely, swims around, and generally gets her exercise.

This has had an interesting side effect, in that it's gotten my husband more interested in the snakes. He's been quite tolerant, but they've definitely been my project. Now he's intrigued by them as personalities.

Nothing has changed as far a husbandry. None of the others are at all interested in swimming. I'm not sure why this happened, but I get a kick out of watching what the kids call my "swimmy snake."

They are unique individuals :) My Ultramel is the only one who continues to prefer to be above ground in her hammock as opposed to burrowing like corns are suppose to be.. guess she thinks she's an Amazon Tree boa :)

my corn love water he kill his food under water at first I was freaked out and then i seen him on da water bow late at nite so I think he loves water

Back