• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tease feeding reluctant feeders

With the real timid ones, I am persistent, if they figure out they can't get away from this thing that keeps tapping and pecking at their sides, they do sometimes get mad enough to strike. Some of them will strike at anything, others have a slow fuse or something... I give them about a minute of pinky torture before giving up lol

Sometimes the ones that won't actually strike will just open their mouths and bite if you hold the pink up against their nose. For a long time.

I'm bumping this old thread because I'm having such good luck with this again this year. Just had a baby that hatched in July finally eat for the first time. I have started holding the pinky with a pair of plastic tweezers that makes it a bit easier, I think it might be a bit less intimidating to the snake that way, and also it makes it so the snake doesn't bite me instead, and I don't have to touch the pinky.

Reporting back on last year's tease feeders. I had one hold-out. He was actually sold just about the minute he hatched, but he wouldn't eat anything, by himself. I tried all the tricks. Eventually, the buyer gave up and decided to take the brother, and we were waiting for good shipping weather. Then- I ran out of pinks and got some from a different supplier, and he ate that pink instantly, on his own. He went on to eat just fine- the buyer stocked up on a pack of pinks from that mouse supplier, and off he went!

Now this year I only have one tease-feeder, and he swallows on the first strike, but I MUST be holding him, and I cannot set him down.

Snakes are so weird...

Reporting back on last year's tease feeders. I had one hold-out. He was actually sold just about the minute he hatched, but he wouldn't eat anything, by himself. I tried all the tricks. Eventually, the buyer gave up and decided to take the brother, and we were waiting for good shipping weather. Then- I ran out of pinks and got some from a different supplier, and he ate that pink instantly, on his own. He went on to eat just fine- the buyer stocked up on a pack of pinks from that mouse supplier, and off he went!

Now this year I only have one tease-feeder, and he swallows on the first strike, but I MUST be holding him, and I cannot set him down.

Snakes are so weird...

Back