• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

They're FINALLY starting to hatch!!

Congratulations - it was reading about your "they're on day 70" post that made me feel confident leaving mine alone - that it wasn't just me that had eggs that were what felt like months overdue!

Congrats! One a side note..... are you sure your thermometer is working correctly? :shrugs:

Carol, I'm 99% positive the thermometer is correct. I thought that could have been a culprit as well, and around day 65, I checked it with another thermometer, and they were within a tenth or two of each other. I'm chalking this up to just a bizarre incident.

Carol, I'm 99% positive the thermometer is correct. I thought that could have been a culprit as well, and around day 65, I checked it with another thermometer, and they were within a tenth or two of each other. I'm chalking this up to just a bizarre incident.

I need to thank you, Mathew; as you have been both an inspiration and a role model to me. I am not only in my first year of breeding and incubating, but an all around (nervous) and impatient person. Through your trials and tribulations, I have learned; just a bit, to calm down a bit.
Thank you.
People keep asking me what day of the month it is here, and I always say, "No clue, but it's day 63." Nice way of keeping time.
Thank you for all your patience and figuline that you kept w/ those babies. You did really well.

I need to thank you, Mathew; as you have been both an inspiration and a role model to me. I am not only in my first year of breeding and incubating, but an all around (nervous) and impatient person. Through your trials and tribulations, I have learned; just a bit, to calm down a bit.
Thank you.
People keep asking me what day of the month it is here, and I always say, "No clue, but it's day 63." Nice way of keeping time.
Thank you for all your patience and figuline that you kept w/ those babies. You did really well.

No problem Daneale. And a big thank you to you as well, and everyone else for helping me keep my sanity. They really can try your patience sometimes! At day 63, you're doing just fine! ;)

Can't wait to see some pics when yours decide to come out.

:dancer:

YAY! congrats! thats great to hear youve finally seen some movement. Now your heart can take a breather.

*Final update*

Well two hatched right away. Another about two days later and came out with a stubby and kinked tail. The kinks are at the very end, and aren't too bad - but it's just going to be sold (probably given away) as a pet only snake. And the last egg didn't hatch. After a few more days I slit the egg and it was DIE and very deformed. Sorta sucks, but it's part of the game...

*Final update*

Well two hatched right away. Another about two days later and came out with a stubby and kinked tail. The kinks are at the very end, and aren't too bad - but it's just going to be sold (probably given away) as a pet only snake. And the last egg didn't hatch. After a few more days I slit the egg and it was DIE and very deformed. Sorta sucks, but it's part of the game...

I'm happy to hear that three did end up making it. A kinked tail if it doesn't hurt the snake can just add more personality to a snake imho. It's sort of like people who happen to have scars or a birthmark (like my daughter). Where would the world be if we were all the same, after all?
I'm sorry about the DIE one, though. My tenth egg was a little bit of the same, though this one was just beginning to form and very small.
So, when do we get to see pics?

I'm happy to hear that three did end up making it. A kinked tail if it doesn't hurt the snake can just add more personality to a snake imho. It's sort of like people who happen to have scars or a birthmark (like my daughter). Where would the world be if we were all the same, after all?
I'm sorry about the DIE one, though. My tenth egg was a little bit of the same, though this one was just beginning to form and very small.
So, when do we get to see pics?

Thanks. I'll be snapping a few when they've had their first shed. They've all just cleared up after being in blue the last day or so, so should shed any day now.

Thanks. I'll be snapping a few when they've had their first shed. They've all just cleared up after being in blue the last day or so, so should shed any day now.

Cool cool. I did take some of mine, but am also anxiously awaiting their first shed and pics of yours. How long does it usually take them to shed after pipping, btw?

Back