• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

This slithery addiction is getting the better of me...

Look ma! I'm so sweet, please take me out. :)
045-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

025-2.jpg

024-3.jpg

023-2.jpg

And then you put her in the feeding tub.....and she turns into a beast. lol
011-3.jpg

Aww She so pretty! I must say I LOVE that last picture. I like "I'm gonna Killz you" pictures too much Lol... Glad she's calming down for you though.

That background/cage set up looks great btw! Your friend did an awesome job!

She is tiny! I've been packin on the mice though. She's a VERY aggressive eater (see above picture for proof), but right now shes on a diet of one adult mouse every 5 days. Then as she grows, I'll switch her to rats, seeing as Malakai is getting close to eating those anyway, I'll switch them at the same time. :)

The occidentalis(Argentine) influence is very visible... even moreso than the hog isle which should be higher.
Cool little bugger, sometimes they are pissy like that... usually they grow out of it.

So Calypso is doing very well. Pounding mice like no tomorrow and growing like a weed. She's calmed down a lot too, only makes a fuss if you take your time getting her out. Here are some updated pics of her taken with my new Cannon EOS 7D camera! Enjoy! :)
009-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

012-4.jpg

How beautiful!
I just got an adult Hogg Island... and so Calypso looks SO TINY!
I love the peachy colors in them. So pretty.

I finally figured out how to upload videos from my phone onto YouTube.

So here is "Miss hiss" showing that she does NOT like my boyfriends Frilled Dragon Banzai. lol

Please excuse the swear word in the first few seconds of the video.....as little and innocent as I may seem, sometimes I can be a potty mouth. lol :grin01:
http://youtu.be/Nb8jBsMqQjU

Update time! She just shed and is eating small rats like a champ! Growing like a weed too....and still hissing like a champ too. lol

I had to use some wussy gloves to get her and one of my Carpets out, because they have been fussy lately. So I'm not taking chances! She hissed a lot but didn't ever strike....so I think she's just talkative. lol

Blurry, but "Miss Hiss" aka Calypso <3
calypsoA.jpg

Showing her Argentine genes today
calypsoB.jpg

Getting big!
calypsoC.jpg

Love love love her face!
calypsoD.jpg

And just to show you the color differences she can have, here are two picture next to each other of her two main color phases, light and dark.
(My oh my how shes grown!)
038-1.jpg

calypsoC.jpg

As I'm sure you've seen in my other threads, everyone got to go outside for a little fun in the sun the other day.

WELL.....Calypso didn't like it AT ALL. She was frozen in place and hissy the entire time. lol Poor thing. She is very talkative but never strikes unless your a rat. lol

So here she is in all her angry glory!
114.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

*Hums the Jaws song* I think she sees me....
134.jpg

135.jpg

Shes gonna get meee!!!
136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

Thanks! And yea she is! Ever since I started her on small rats she's been growing like mad. I only feed her once every two weeks though....since boa's have a bad tendency of getting fat, because they'll eat anything. lol

Boas have a tendency of getting fat because people confuse them with Colubrids or in worse cases, mammals. A feeding regiment of once every 14 days is the recommended pace for females. Males should be fed once to 3-4 weeks once they hit the 18-24 months mark.

looking great :)

Back