• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

time to admit it, who kisses their snakes?

this may or may not have been discussed before on this forum. however im curious...who else kisses their snakes? i know, i know, totally salmonella provoking behavior, but i just cant help myself! so who else here plants one on those scaly heads? hmmm? no shame here! haha.

I don't kiss them on the head but I do give kissy noises as they are checking out my face so it looks like we are kissing.

awesome! im glad some of you spoke up and broke the ice, haha. mine usually act like a little kid getting kisses from aunt agnus when i kiss them. although lars is more tolerant to the frequent kisses than my little one.

I kiss mine. Right on their faces. My old corn snake, Jasper, I would hold him up and make a kissy face at him and he put his face on my lower lip. He was the coolest snake ever, I'm trying to get some of my other ones to do it. My boa will sometimes, and then he gets the funniest expression (not more anthropomorphizing!) on his face. I know that there is a salmonella risk, but oh well. There's risk to kissing anything. I figure as long as I'm not kissing their butts I'll live.

All the time! I can't take a snake out of its bin and not kiss it. I am cautious with little babies, though! Baby snakes. I also kiss Isabel, the dragon, but not the other lizards or the tortoises, and NEVER Bella the dog. Ewww!!!

its good to know im not the only enthusiast getting fresh with my snakes, haha! heres another funny question, who else uses baby talk with their snakes? you know that tone of voice, and silly words you use, come on, dont be shy!

I kiss mine, some dont like it tho LOL My hubby's bp HarleyQuinn loves kisses! She is the most calm and the sweetest bp. She never balls up. Piglet also loves kisses!

I don't talk baby talk but I don't to babies either. I do get that excited voice like you are seeing an old friend. Every morning I walk into the snake room and say with that voice. Good Morning Everyone how are my babies this morning, Now who shed for me last night?

One of my snakes will give me kisses if I hold her up within reach of my face. I think it freaks my hubby out, lol.

Back