• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

time to admit it, who kisses their snakes?

I kiss and accept kisses from dogs, cats and snakes I know. ( I draw the line at drooly dogs though! ) Napalm and my other snakes give me "butterfly kisses" on my eyelids! I don't try it with the babies or the anery sand boa. It would freak out the babies too much and with the anery, blood might be involved!

As with anything, KNOW WHO YOU'RE KISSING! :) :) :)

Devon

Really, they can hear? That's interesting. I know they don't have any outer ears, but do they still have inner ears and can hear through them? That's so cool! Even the zoo I work at (Columbus Zoo) told me to tell people that they couldn't hear, I had no idea! Thanks, Nanci!

I kiss Nyx because she's not darty and has a fixation with my glasses. She's so funny now. She used to be a fast little butthead who never wanted to be held or anything, now, when I reach in to move her, I touch her lower back with my finger hoping she'll reposition herself so I can handle her, instead she sits there and lets me stroke her like a cat lol.
Doesn't even move. She's a trip. So needless to say she gets kisses a lot.

ALSO I have got to be there only person in the world who likes the smell of her snakes, musk or not. They always smell like freshly cut peppers or grass, and their musk smells like wet moss to me. It reminds me of camping lol. Every time I turn my kitchen faucet on and I can smell the moisture from fresh rain, I can't bring myself to drink the water because it smells just like my snakes' musk haha.

I give my reptiles a little peck once in a while :D I used to do this all the time when I was really young with the wild snakes, frogs etc... I caught. Looking back on it now makes me think that it probably wasn't the greatest idea to kiss wild reptiles but, then again I didn't know any better, I was very young. I must say though that none of the reptiles I've caught or bought have ever complained about my kisses.

My snake is fascinated with my glasses too! She will completely wrap herself up around them if I let her. So cute :)

ALSO I have got to be there only person in the world who likes the smell of her snakes, musk or not. They always smell like freshly cut peppers or grass, and their musk smells like wet moss to me. It reminds me of camping lol. Every time I turn my kitchen faucet on and I can smell the moisture from fresh rain, I can't bring myself to drink the water because it smells just like my snakes' musk haha.

Oh I doubt that! I love the smell of snakes, too. Musk- not so much, although it brings happy childhood memories. Some people do like musk smell, though. Cornsnake musk does have a kind of green scent to it. When eggs are about to pip, they get a sort of green pepper smell.

Some people say if you smell cucumbers, it means there is a rattlesnake nearby.

Florida King musk smells somewhat like green pepper to me.

I love the smell of lizards and frogs and toads and turtles and tortoises, too. And anything to do with horses, except urine. Puppy breath- gross...

Oh I doubt that! I love the smell of snakes, too. Musk- not so much, although it brings happy childhood memories. Some people do like musk smell, though. Cornsnake musk does have a kind of green scent to it. When eggs are about to pip, they get a sort of green pepper smell.

Some people say if you smell cucumbers, it means there is a rattlesnake nearby.

Florida King musk smells somewhat like green pepper to me.

I love the smell of lizards and frogs and toads and turtles and tortoises, too. And anything to do with horses, except urine. Puppy breath- gross...

Glad to know I'm not the only one :) I also love that smell they get when they freshly shed their skin. It's sort of a warm, dinner pastry-like smell to me haha. And yes believe me I know how weird that sounds, but in the morning when I wake up and smell that smell, I know they've shed their skin and are probably staring at me in the dark.
I grew up with tons of reptiles in the house, though, so maybe it's a nostalgia/comfort thing.

I draw the line at kissing dogs or cats with kidney disease. They have a very unique bad breath smell, sorta like rotting poop! Extremely gross to me! And I have found out that, because of my migraines, I seem to have a sense of smell that is on steroids! Two people I work with have barely any sense of smell at all, mine is on overload! That's why when we do anal glands at work, I hold and one of the two scentless people squeeze.

BTW for all you vet techs out there, which dog or cat disease is it that makes their breath smell fruity????

Snake musk just smells awful to me I don't care what the breed, sorta like anals. If I get musked, I make a mad dash to the sink! Can't stand the smell on me! And yet I still own snakes!

As I've said before, its dog drool that gets me. I took a bath in Great Pyrenees drool the other day. Couldn't stand my own company until I bathed! Shudder!

Devon

I'd rather kiss a dead mouse than my dog's...any part of her body, really, except maybe the top of her head, afte a bath.

LOL I sometimes make kissing noise with my baby corn snake and then I say awww your so cute and your my little baby lol. ;)

So glad to hear I'm not the only creep who smooches their snakes! I hope i never get kissed back with a well aimed strike though, haha. I think I enjoy mostly their reaction to kisses almost like "awwww mommmm, must you kiss me???" hehe.

Also I'm very guilty of using baby voices and baby talk with my snakes, haha. I also like to praise them by telling Lars what a handsome boy he is, and telling Var what a pretty girl she is =p.

I'm guilty of even rocking Sylvara like a baby. She will stretch out on my arm and I rub her head and under her chin. She will stay like that for as long as I do it. I don't know if she likes the rocking motion but I know she likes the rubbing.

I don't kiss my snakes, but my daugther does, BUT not my snakes only the ones that she gets her pictures taken with. This was at the Halifax Reptile Expo this year. There were corns, kings, rat snakes. BUT NOOOOOOOO she HAD to have the biggest one there for her picture. and THEN MUAH they caught her kissing this beautiful creature.

lexusboa.jpg

Back