• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

tongue shots!

D&LCornSnakes

got a few tongue shots of my amel stripe(vanishing) while playing with my cameras continuous setting.

feel free to post your tongue shots!

amelstripetongue2.jpg

amelstripetongue1.jpg

amelstripetongue3.jpg

Awww! I love tongue shots! I think that this may be the one & only that I do have...

Attachments

• Fritz flicker.jpg
    Fritz flicker.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 196
Here's a couple (they aren't anything special, just done with your average digital camera):

90575975-M.jpg

90575981-M.jpg

I have some more on my camera right now, so I'll try to upload and post them sometime soon. :)

Regards,
Lisa

Wow... I really don't have that many either... I flipped through my entire photobucket and these were the only tongue shots I had :shrugs:

IMG_3624.jpg

pandora1-1.jpg

phinius4.jpg

amelblood1.jpg

phinrf4.jpg

Lore said:
Wow... I really don't have that many either... I flipped through my entire photobucket and these were the only tongue shots I had :shrugs:

IMG_3624.jpg

pandora1-1.jpg

phinius4.jpg

amelblood1.jpg

phinrf4.jpg

That is one stunning blood you've got there! :cheers:

Since we're limited to corns, this is the best I can do, but if you'd posted in General Chit Chat- I have a million.

Nanci

Attachments

• Maize Shed 006cr600.jpg
    Maize Shed 006cr600.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 181
The key to getting good tongue shots is using the continuous exposure feature if you have one, and not stopping shooting _until_ you get a tongue shot.

A bored snake does not stick out its tongue.

Nanci

Thanks for the tip Nanci!

I'm thinking of trying out my camera's continuous shot mode for better results.
I love the really nice crisp tongue shots some people capture.
I don't have any of those, maybe someday in my digital SLR dreams. :rolleyes:

male-toungeshot.jpg

copperheadtoungeshot.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

hrmph.. I guess my snakes aren't all that interested in me.

That's what I love about digital- you can take 100-200 pics pretty easily, and there are bound to be a couple good ones in the bunch.

I'm having better luck with fast continuous rather than normal, because normal brings up the previous image in between- and by then, the snake has moved. Mine also allows continuous flash images, which is really nice.

Nanci

I don't have many good ones either :shrugs:

Attachments

• toyah25.jpg
    toyah25.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Cimg0531.jpg
    Cimg0531.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Cimg0548.jpg
    Cimg0548.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Cimg0550.jpg
    Cimg0550.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 60
I'm amazed.

I took out my reverse okeetee this afternoon to see if I could get some good shots, but none of my photos got picture of a tongue.

I also tried the continuous exposure setting, but I couldn't get a single pic that wasn't blurred, even when she was sitting still. :( :shrugs:

Again, I'm amazed at the quality of those pics.

(just had to complain a bit)

Back