• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Totally distraught

OK, new problem... we're getting a new sofa delivered tomorrow. Any ideas on how to safely examine the old sofa before tossing it? (trashed, we can rip it up but how to do that carefully???)

Take the cushions off, individually and check inside each cushion. Then is it possibly to just rip the fabric off from the outside, and check the structure inside? Just do it piece by piece. But If you do it outside or something I'd have someone else there to watch each angle for any possible getaway-zone.

there's always hope!
I had an iguana a while ago escape from an unsecure cage outside... found him like 2 weeks later sitting in a small tree in the sun :)
unfortunately he got away again and lost him forever :(

as long as they don't get outside in the snow or attacked by an animal their still around... somewhere.

No, no sign of Medusa yet. I'm getting a little discouraged but I'm hoping when the weather warms up she'll appear. We don't run the heat at night so maybe she's not wandering far from where she settled.
:(

Somebody just recovered a Nelson's that had been missing for like a year! Don't give up hope.

I have just found my corn who was missing for two weeks. I keep her upstairs in her tank, we found her two weeks later downstairs in the pantry in my husbands working boots. She does not look like she has lost any weight at all.

Look around water heaters, under refrigerator and behind it. Look under and behind stove, washer and dryers. These are the first places I looked when I lost my snake. She had an 11 hour head start before I noticed her missing so I wasn't sure what room she was in. But since she had eaten a few minutes before escaping I figured she was still in my bedroom where she is kept. I taped a window screen over my doorway and searched everywhere. On the third day I removed the wall in my closet where our hot water heater is and a few minutes later while putting away clothes in my closet I looked down to see her going into my closet! Either she was back there, came out and was going back. Or she was somewhere else and decided to go back there.

Also one other thing I kept my house very cold the whole time she was missing so that she would be more likely to search out warm places. I made a bunch of little box hides and set out some heat lamps and pads in a few rooms and also left the lid off her cage just in case she might go back in there to get warm.

Back