• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tried to eat me!

Tangoman

Happy New Year.

Christmas Day was quite a funny one. Both of my kids have ben bitten by Tango - both becuase they made feeding errors - handling after handling mice etc. No big deal and it was a badge of honour for them. Anyway, Christmas Day came and I had been preparing the Turkey. I washed my hands (poultry and all that, very careful) with anti bacterial handwash. My daughter bought the snake to me and I had him in my hands. He started acting a bit odd, sniffing a particular part of my finger, then, opened wide and started trying to eat me! It was hilarious. I must have missed a bit of "turkey" on my hands when washing! He eventually let go but he looked very forlorn. So we gave him a feed since he seemed so hungry.
Just thought I would share my first encounter with Corn teeth.

The same thing happened to me once. It was actually quite painful because he got me right on the knuckle of my finger.

That happened to me, but with a Dumeril's Boa, and with rat scent on my hands. Most painful bite I've had yet. Still it wasn't too bad. The only problem was, a guy who had just bought his first snake (corn) from me, was standing right next to me when it happened. He asked, "Mine isn't going to do that, is it?" I had to assure him that the bite was my fault and I wasn't being careful. I'll bet he washes his hands obsessively when he handles his snake now. Here are some fuzzy pics of the aftermath after cleaning the wound a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 264
chisoxfan0971 said:
hey mousselini how large is your snake....looks like he wrapped his mouth around your thumb...pretty wicked bite
He is about 4 feet. Still a little guy. Not only got his mouth around my thumb, but wrapped his body around my whole hand and tried to constrict too.

I just have to post these pictures again.

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

Mine got me on the inside of the elbow once and tried to injest my arm. He was triggered by the smell of the mice thawing and his other snakey friends having dinner before him.

The initial bite did but once he had a hold of me, it really didn't. I tried spritzing him with water and all that did was make him move his teeth over to a new spot. So then I tried to find a bottle of booze to put a drop of alcohol in his mouth because I'd read on a forum that it worked to get snakes and lizards to let go. I couldn't find anything open but a good bottle of expensive tequila and I didn't want to waste good agave on a cornsnake (however beautiful). By the time I found another bottle worthy of waste, he finally let go. Bled a lot, but really not too painful. I was yelling at thim the whole time saying, "why are you doing this....let go you b******". It reminded me of the episode when Jeff Corwin was showing people the difference between coral snakes and the kingsnake that mimicks their looks and the kingsnake grabbed onto his wrist and gnawed on it. He was doing the same thing. It was a crackup.

JPENA - corns snakes are definetly the way to go! I have a garter and he is called Zoomer because he wants zips around when I hold him and won't calm down no matter what I do. He has been the only snake that actually bit me; but he was in feeding mode. I have two king snakes and they are more predatory acting. My girl even tried to squeeze my wrist. They are a little stinky to. I have eight corns who are sweet as pie. One of my girls is still a little defensive, but she is new.

why does everyone have photos of their snakes biting them or eating them? does everyone just so happen to be holding a camera in one hand with it turned on and then their snake starts eating them?

Well I bought my first snake yesterday(corn).I fed him a pinky today he ate
with no prob.After I fed him I saw a mite on him.so i went and bought mite off stuff,but I am going to wait till Thurs since he just ate today to use it.I haven't seen him drink any water yet.Other than that all seems well.

Back